• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Looking for Lake cx237, Bont Vaypor +, S-Works S6 owners

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Hello to all
I have to buy a new pair of cycling shoes, unfortunately I have very wide feet and poor foot circulation, so I need wide and well-ventilated shoes with a lot of volume in toe box.
I've DMT R1 (44), but it's very very hot, the ventilation system lack's (but the heel fit it’s good) ....
Also I've Sidi Genius 5 Mega, more volume on the toe box, more ventilation, but closing system it's not the best and the upper is not very soft and aging is further hardened.
Reading here and there it seems to me that the Lake CX237, Bont Vaypor + and maybe S-Works S6 might be my case.
Unfortunately, these shoes are not in the shops in my area and I should buy them online.
Since this shoes are very expensive, before making a wrong purchase, I'd like to have your little help.
Is there any owner of these shoes, size 44.5 wide or similar?
I would like to ask them a courtesy, could you make the shape of the insole?
With some reference to the measurements in inch or cm? (See example).
I would be useful to understand if the shoes in question can fit my feet.
I would also appreciate a few comments on ventilation / breathability and space in the toe box and any problems encountered with these shoes.

Many thanks in advance.

PS: In the attached image you can see the shape of the DMT R1 insole (size 44), which are a bit narrow at metatarsus and very narrow and poor volume in the toe box.

HQzTSbj.jpg

PsbRhrU.jpg

Bont rocks. I've had several pairs now, they are easy to mold and are very comfortable. If you have wide feet make sure you get the wide option. From your measurements a size 46 wide will be fine. They also wear a lot better than Shimano, Bontrager, Garneau and other brands I've used.

Only issue I had was when I left a pair in the car on a hot summer day and had to re-mold them.

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your replay.

I tried the sizes chart for Vaypor + and it turned out that my size would be 44.5 double, but in the online store this size is not present, there are "standard, wide, asian fit, narrow", you can explain what it means "44.5 double" ?? Can you tell me where can I buy these size?

Thank you very much.

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Re:

veganrob said:
your feet aren't too wide. Mine are 115mm across. I wear Sidi Ergo 4 Mega 44.5 I love them

I've Sidi Genius 5 Mega 44.5 and they sucks, closing system it's not the best and the upper is not very soft and aging is further hardened.

I have reasonably wide feet, but in a size 49. I haven't had the Sub 6, but am interested as a previous pair of Specialized Pro shoes were very comfortable.

I own the Vapor + and several pairs of Riots for winter. On my foot, the Riots are uncomfortable as the attachment point for the buckle causes a lot of pressure. This might be my foot shape, but the Vapor+ are extremely comfortable.

I will probably try the Sub6 next and will be watching your thread with interest.

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Within a few weeks Lake will add the CX332 Extra Wide to the catalog, basically the Extra Wide CX332 will have the same width and volume as the CX237 Wide .... it's too much interesting.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I am just breaking new Bont Vapour after 7 years on Bont A2. I got the speedplay option too which is not advertised either. My A2s were wide and spacious. I went to Bont from Specialized. Sidi never quite made it for my wide feet.

Put me down as a Bont supporter

May 11, 2009
Visit site
My feet are 110 mm wide. I have a pair of Shimano SH-R132L shoes (size 45) that I've had for years (to be replaced very soon). The shoe has dozens of 1 mm holes - I assume they are for ventilation. Shoes are comfortable in temperatures from 40 to 100 deg F. I ride road and race track in them.

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Finally I got the Lake CX332, some small events, including a change of size, have delayed the arrival, but it seems to be worth it.
I chose the Extra Wide 45, the 44.5it's a little bit short, these shoes have a very wide, the widest I've ever tried and they have a lot of volume at the toe box, toes remain comfortable and there is enough space to move enough the toes.
The materials and the workmanship seem to be excellent, the last series produced assembles the Boa Ip1 instead of L6: mrgreen :.
For now I have done a roller training and a 3-hour output and the sensations are good, during the indoor session I had no problem or warming foot.
As far as ventilation is concerned, I would like to comment on next summer.
for now I have not felt the need to model the heel counter, it is well fitted even so.
The sole have less arc supporto than DMT R1 and is less shaped than the one of the DMT R1 that I used lately, this allowed me to insert a thermoformed insole, perhaps also thanks to this I had the feeling of having less tensions in the legs and to pedal better.

I take this opportunity to thank the staff of Lake Cycling in particular Mr. Bob Mass for his professionalism and availability.

578ed9fa26ca2d0f388ab3b2acaf4207.jpg

48767f6d7ecea3c0fd6d69854531be3e.jpg

8fd4360e5b015e04acfbdcae30fceb15.jpg

3601e250fe26530b25a4bc5ec8858ebc.jpg

c32bf7bb27649ce99d948ee9fe34e0a9.jpg

TRENDING THREADS