• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mallorca Challenge 26th - 30th of january 2022

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I actually think he climbs quite well and see him more as a Sagan type than a flat sprinter. In Innsbruck he was also dropped late in the race, and in Leuven he got on the podium. He's definitely more versatile than most sprinters.
Yes, but even for a Sagan or Matthews type of rider 2,5 km with 8,4% is too hard. It´s a puncheur/climber hill and no puncheur/sprinter hill.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Last edited:
Valverde is still incredible… His legs seem to be the legs of a hugely talented 22-year old.

Probably he will show us great races, also in 2022 - and I‘m praying he will decide to race again in 2023.

He is one of these riders that make you think, „He was born for bike racing“.

I was there when he beat Armstrong in Courchevel 2005, and Armstrong was the Pogacar of his era. Cycling got even faster, and he still beats them all.

A clear indication of how strong he still is was his Fleche Wallonne 2021. He was close to Ala and Roglic. And in winter 2021/2022, he clearly worked as serious and dedicated as ever. He wins already in January 2022 - not too long after this crash which took him out of last year‘s Vuelta (with broken bones even?)…

First win of the season for Movistar, by the way. Valverde, again, takes them away the pressure. And he honors this nicely designed new jersey in the best possible way :)

TRENDING THREADS