• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Manolo Saiz inheritance or legacy? ... 'lives on'

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
20091124_Contador_TdR06.jpg

Alberto Contador winning a stage in the 2006 Tour de Romandie

:eek: Interesting 2006 Team members info: http://www.dewielersite.net/db2/wielersite/ploegfiche.php?id=12052

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Any new arguments or anything come up? or is it just the fact that his team mates are caught doping? If that is all, that's the same evidence that you can put forth for any rider

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
Any new arguments or anything come up? or is it just the fact that his team mates are caught doping? If that is all, that's the same evidence that you can put forth for any rider

What the Spanish for SSDD.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Not really getting the point here. Only 5 guys carried over. If you look at most of the longer running teams, there's a few guys left..

Caisse has like 6 guys from iBanesto as far back as 02.

The relationship Contador and Saiz had should be the point. Manolo was his mentor. Contador was taught to do what pros do.

When I think of Contador and doping, I think of the 2008 Angliru in the Vuelta. I don't know that I"ve seen a rider look fresher after winning such a difficult GT mountain stage. Ironically, that day Valverde put in the heroic effort, turning him self inside out to stay close to Contador.

DAOTEC said:
20091124_Contador_TdR06.jpg

Alberto Contador winning a stage in the 2006 Tour de Romandie

:eek: Interesting 2006 Team members info: http://www.dewielersite.net/db2/wielersite/ploegfiche.php?id=12052

What I find more interesting than your link is that he's not doing the 'pistolero' victory salute. What's up with that? Did he only get cocky and think he was cool enough to deserve a special, weird, seemingly pointless salute when he started winning at the TdF?

ETA: or maybe in this stage he sees Fran waiting after the finish line and he REALLY looks like he could use a hug. 'hold on, mi hermano! I'm coming!'

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
skidmark said:
What I find more interesting than your link is that he's not doing the 'pistolero' victory salute. What's up with that? Did he only get cocky and think he was cool enough to deserve a special, weird, seemingly pointless salute when he started winning at the TdF?

ETA: or maybe in this stage he sees Fran waiting after the finish line and he REALLY looks like he could use a hug. 'hold on, mi hermano! I'm coming!'

He only started doing the Pistol after his brain haemorrhage as a sign to people watching back home. Initially it was more of a 'point' to his friends that became a pistol

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
'Legacy'

103_470x322.jpg

a 1,2,3 for Manolo in Mende !

The Cantabrian Ousted guru saw on TV, I suppose, the triumph of Joaquim Rodriguez, one of my youngsters, the ONCE veteran Saiz laughing, bragging and smoking a cigar. The boy grew up in the bosom of the great national Saiz.

The climb to Mende is associated with the name of Laurent Jalabert, it's first hero. But to be fair, it should be named 'top Manolo Saiz' or something like that, because years go by and always it is his' win. In 1995, the French in 2005, Marcos Serrano. This time, the first three of the stage passed through his hand.

Manolo about AC: mucho más respeto al último 'crack' de Manolo Saiz, camino de su tercer triunfo absoluto en el Tour de Francia.

http://www.elmundo.es/blogs/deportes/escapa-dos/2010/07/16/canto-del-gallo-en-la-cima-manolo-saiz.html

Now Manolo Saiz is vaguely threatening to blab, which should make a lot of people in Spain and out uneasy. ...

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
the guy's huge, seems odd he doesn't play rugby. :)

he probably has lost weight but he was never a big guy.

is there anyone in the pro tour who has never been in a team with a doper? i doubt it. maybe a first/second year pro with 1 team and about 20 team mates ever but still not likely.

TRENDING THREADS