• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Manolo Saiz is back

sniper said:
Wasn't UCI (under Pat still) working on regulations that would keep former dopers from returning to procycling as DS? (serious question)

It couldn't be backdated. And following CAS throwing down the points rule I think they'd throw any attempt to ban former dopers too, as an extra punishment.

Cookson promises a fit and proper test but UK football has one of them and its next to useless.

He's back thats sure.

But lets not be too harsh here. Hipster Manolo juiced up before it was cool to be clean. After everything thats happened i'm sure he has regretted himself and intends to be cool and clean in this new era.

If Cookson forgives then so should we.

:rolleyes:

The team already exists and it is an U23 team, Baqué-Campos. They want to become a continental team next year, but they have to find some sponsors first. Even if they don't find these sponsors Manolo Saiz still will be involved, and they'll try to be continental in 2016.

Some names that will have some responsability with the team: Marino Lejarreta, Roberto Laiseka, Rubén Gorospe, Mikel Pradera, David Herrero and Herminio Díaz Zabala.

afpm90 said:
The team already exists and it is an U23 team, Baqué-Campos. They want to become a continental team next year, but they have to find some sponsors first. Even if they don't find these sponsors Manolo Saiz still will be involved, and they'll try to be continental in 2016.

Some names that will have some responsability with the team: Marino Lejarreta, Roberto Laiseka, Rubén Gorospe, Mikel Pradera, David Herrero and Herminio Díaz Zabala.
Nice one:)

sniper said:
Wasn't UCI (under Pat still) working on regulations that would keep former dopers from returning to procycling as DS? (serious question)

I'm sure Phat must have left, whatever work was made -if work it is, this at Cooksons office somewhere. He'll get to it once cameras on bikes and Colombias women gets a proper dress are sorted.

These things takes time.

No_Balls said:
I'm sure Phat must have left, whatever work was made -if work it is, this at Cooksons office somewhere. He'll get to it once cameras on bikes and Colombias women gets a proper dress are sorted.

These things takes time.

Needs a study. And then someone has to fund the study. And then a committee has to ratify the results of the study for recommendation. This could take a while.:rolleyes:

Manolo Saiz - Cycling's Bogeyman

The many 'returns' of Manolo Saiz...

2007 Saiz pledges to return

2008 Returning from the shadows: Manolo Saiz

2010 Saiz still hopes for return to professional cycling
2010 Saiz plots return to top level of sport

2011 Saiz apparently planning to return to cycling
2011 Manolo Saiz confirms intention to return in 2012

2013 Manolo Saiz: I could return to cycling
2013 Saiz: The best thing to do is forget

Prior to his most recent 'return' with the U23 amateur outfit Baqué-Campos Saiz had 'returned' with the amateur U23 outfit Cueva el Soplao...

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
fmk_RoI said:
The many 'returns' of Manolo Saiz...

2007 Saiz pledges to return

2008 Returning from the shadows: Manolo Saiz

2010 Saiz still hopes for return to professional cycling
2010 Saiz plots return to top level of sport

2011 Saiz apparently planning to return to cycling
2011 Manolo Saiz confirms intention to return in 2012

2013 Manolo Saiz: I could return to cycling
2013 Saiz: The best thing to do is forget

Prior to his most recent 'return' with the U23 amateur outfit Baqué-Campos Saiz had 'returned' with the amateur U23 outfit Cueva el Soplao...

Ha, good post. By the look of it the only thing El Gordo has been returning to is the buffet line
Manolo_Saiz_quiere_cobrar_1775000.jpg

Race Radio said:
Ha, good post. By the look of it the only thing El Gordo has been returning to is the buffet line
Manolo_Saiz_quiere_cobrar_1775000.jpg
Snap! Good call RR.

You know what, I've reached the point where I just don't care any more. Screw it, bring the band back together. The UCI isn't going to do much about it anyway and if they do it will be nothing but hypocrisy of the highest order because they certainly have no intentions of truly cleaning house.

Venga, Venga, Venga! I say :rolleyes:

Saiz services seems to be sought after:

“Return is not the right word. Firstly, because I’ve never stopped helping out in the amateur field through the years. And secondly, because for me a comeback would meaning returning the professional cycling,” Saiz said, before claiming that he was close to joining Katusha four years ago.

“This is not the return that I want. For example, four years ago I was on the point of becoming general manager of Katusha and that would really have been an ostentatious return. I know now that my detractors will say that I’m just returning with an amateur team and magnifying the whole thing.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/manolo-saiz-claims-he-was-offered-katusha-role-four-years-ago

:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS