• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

March 26-27 - 2016 Critérium International - 2.HC

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Lexman said:
how's Peraud doing this year, might Gautier and Voeckler have a chance, and will Roland finally show something this year?
JCP doesn't know what to expect. That's the same pre-race stuff he pulled last year BTW. In '15 he even under-performed in the ITT. Which helped when he attacked in l'Ospedale: Pinot wasn't really expecting anything from him and was slow to react.

Voeckler has done OK so far this year. Gautier isn't in the same league. Rolland, after all the BS about his team change and how French teams train like it's 1950, well so far he hasn't done a thing. But I wouldn't discount him.

Pinot mentioned Latour as another rider to watch.

I like how on the race website Pinot said that he came to take his "first scalp (win) of the season". A year ago, he would never have said that. '15 may have been a turning point for Thibaut in terms of maturing/growing. He experienced some big setbacks and some big successes: all throughout, Pinot kept fighting and toughened up. He is back with a vengeance after being denied last year. If Tibopino can top-5 the ITT and win stage 3, he'll be super confident heading to Pais Vasco. Watch out!

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Tonton said:
I like how on the race website Pinot said that he came to take his "first scalp (win) of the season". A year ago, he would never have said that. '15 may have been a turning point for Thibaut in terms of maturing/growing. He experienced some big setbacks and some big successes: all throughout, Pinot kept fighting and toughened up. He is back with a vengeance after being denied last year. If Tibopino can top-5 the ITT and win stage 3, he'll be super confident heading to Pais Vasco. Watch out!
He should win this quite easily so not that big a risk to say that. Don't expect anything in paid vasco short punchy climbs are not for him.

Ramon Koran said:
Tonton said:
He should win this quite easily so not that big a risk to say that. Don't expect anything in paid vasco short punchy climbs are not for him.
Stage 3 and 5 aren't bad for him. 2 and 4 not so much, but looking back earlier in '16, his climb atop Malhao was pretty good. After his usual diesel start, Tibopino was the only rider who made time on Bertie on the second half of the climb. Hopefully he'll do a good ITT too. I'm certainly an optimist :D .

Now for the second stage today, we can (somewhat - 7K is really short) evaluate his progress in ITT compared to last year (same course). Pinot is the big favorite tomorrow. I liked his statement, how he's putting the pressure on himself. That is new.

Re: Re:

roundabout said:
del1962 said:
Is this where Matt Goss takes his first win for ONEPro

If you look at the first stage results upside down
Lol, that's hilarious.

I really don't understand why he keeps riding when he clearly doesn't have the motivation to train hard enough and eat healthy. I saw him at a race last year and the guy doesn't even look like a cyclist anymore (not as bad as Betancur, but not far off either).

Re:

pedromiguelmartins said:
What happened to him?

0A517A6C00000514-0-image-a-11_1431561757100.jpg

TRENDING THREADS