• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

MARIJUANA ice cream or beer

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Maybe Alberto can use this as his defence.

MARIJUANA ice cream or beer could soon hit the shelves of Northern Territory stores if a national food watchdog gets its way.

And Territorians are already licking their lips in anticipation of the new flavour, NT News said.

Food Standards Australia New Zealand has sought public comment on an application to lift the ban on food made with cannabis.

Darwin-resident Rob Moran, 24, said he had no problem with marijuana in certain foods as long as it was stated on the label. "It would be good to put it in something like cookies," he said.

He said a lot of people consume the drug anyway.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...es/story-e6frfku0-1226023001281#ixzz1Gnozt2gE

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
brianf7 said:
Maybe Alberto can use this as his defence.

MARIJUANA ice cream or beer could soon hit the shelves of Northern Territory stores if a national food watchdog gets its way.

And Territorians are already licking their lips in anticipation of the new flavour, NT News said.

Food Standards Australia New Zealand has sought public comment on an application to lift the ban on food made with cannabis.

Darwin-resident Rob Moran, 24, said he had no problem with marijuana in certain foods as long as it was stated on the label. "It would be good to put it in something like cookies," he said.

He said a lot of people consume the drug anyway.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...es/story-e6frfku0-1226023001281#ixzz1Gnozt2gE

as an active racing athlete cannabis is one of the only substances which does not in any way **** up your physical ability put simply. it can be smoked and or vaporized/eaten. regarding the last to consumption methods there is no danger i would love to hear from the nay sayers as they dont have a pot to **** in but its still fun regarding this subject lol. we do not live in a just world but whats changed not much. want a smoke? want a drink? want a scrip? no worries.... want a bong load oh no thats bad anyone who you know died from cannabis use od?????????????? well of course not. sad just sad enjoy the coolaid;)

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
forty four said:
as an active racing athlete cannabis is one of the only substances which does not in any way **** up your physical ability put simply. it can be smoked and or vaporized/eaten. regarding the last to consumption methods there is no danger i would love to hear from the nay sayers as they dont have a pot to **** in but its still fun regarding this subject lol. we do not live in a just world but whats changed not much. want a smoke? want a drink? want a scrip? no worries.... want a bong load oh no thats bad anyone who you know died from cannabis use od?????????????? well of course not. sad just sad enjoy the coolaid;)

It used to get a pass in testing, but with the American 'drug war' lobby it got listed on the IOC banned list. Not performance enhancing, but still not allowed. Who was that Canadian guy who lost his Olympic medal because of that?

You'd think everyone had better fights to pick... When I was coaching/DS I'd encourage riders to chuff, rather than drink, in the off season. No hang over, no fights, off to bed early, and still able to actually train right the next day.

If they were Americans I may not have been so encouraging. Less than a joint is still a felony, right? Doesn't look too good if your riders end up in jail based upon your advice (Haha! Who am I kidding, it's pro cycling!).

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
I'm not a fan of ice cream. Pot cookies, on the other hand...

+1

Ice cream just sounds, wrong. Beer could be alright i figure, but cookies/brownies are the way forward for eating. :)

Although, i hear alot of people say the bud after beer thing throwing up thing, personally though, i've never seen a difference either way for me. Individual thing i guess.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
OK but can it be used as a masking agent??? masking what??? is Marijuana banned by any sporting body I think it is .

It can be used as a pain killer a very good one maybe help relax after a hard race.

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
forty four said:

I dont have an issue with people smoking pot but in places where it is illegal there is no regulations on what can be done with it during production. Marijuana by itself is fine but who knows what its been laced with.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
23539_1424850698481_1149156444_31264055_834349_n.jpg

Spotted by a friend of mine in Berlin

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
Must be my delicate constitution coupled with wickedly strong weed...

Perhaps it's due to the fact that I almost solely smoke Hash, just drink two or three glasses of wine or something stonger and light up after that

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
23539_1424850698481_1149156444_31264055_834349_n.jpg

Spotted by a friend of mine in Berlin

To which beer are you referring sir?

The one to the right of the hemp beer is LOL worthy in and of itself :D

I'd like to add that I openly laughed that A) Susan posted in this thread, and B) it was to contribute to the conversation!

Good on ya Susan ;)

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
It used to get a pass in testing, but with the American 'drug war' lobby it got listed on the IOC banned list. Not performance enhancing, but still not allowed. Who was that Canadian guy who lost his Olympic medal because of that?

You'd think everyone had better fights to pick... When I was coaching/DS I'd encourage riders to chuff, rather than drink, in the off season. No hang over, no fights, off to bed early, and still able to actually train right the next day.

If they were Americans I may not have been so encouraging. Less than a joint is still a felony, right? Doesn't look too good if your riders end up in jail based upon your advice (Haha! Who am I kidding, it's pro cycling!).

Ross actually got to keep his medal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Rebagliati

USADA has busted and banned some downhill mtbikers though. They seem to look the other way with endurance athletes...

A joint is equivalent to a parking ticket at the worst here in the states. Many states have made "medical" use legal. In Co and Ca it seems more like a de facto licensing system for rec use though. hehe. Ouch doc, my back hurts I need some medicine.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
I'm fairly picky about the edibles menu, ice cream and beer sound disgusting. Baked goods are the best, banana and cornbread being my faves.

Disclaimer: Supposedly I live in one of the healthiest states of the Union, but when the MMJ law was passed all of a sudden 90% of Colorado went to their physicians and complained of severe pain. :D

Hemp or cannabis?

There may actually be 2 different discussions going on here. One is food stuff made with hemp W/O TCH and the other is made with cannabis w/THC.

That beer could be made with hemp. Most health food stores in Colorado have various types of food made with hemp. Hops are related to the hemp family. People have been brewing beer with hemp for years. Ice cream is one and it is good although I think there's no cream in it. Hemp bread is great... And people can also purchase hemp seeds and hemp seed oil.

And that's all interesting because it's all imported. Communist Chinese farmers are allowed to grow hemp but free American farms are not allowed. -And America's greatest foreign debt is with China.

In Colorado there are dispensaries which have an assortment of foods with cannabis (marijuana) which have more bang for the buck.

I was in the next condo from the guy who lost His title for winning the downhill in Mammoth about 7 years ago then testing positive for THC. Del Bosco.?.. That should have never happened!

Cannabis prohibition is luciferous. Banning bike racers from using cannabis in the evening while allowing them to consume booze is political and stupid.

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
my brother got a vaporizer, it was kind of disappointing(or so i heard;))
water pipes seem to be better.

I dunno...

there are some low quality vapes out there, but if you get one with a good heating element I see no reason to ever smoke again. I have a home unit for movies, and a portable unit for bike/ski time.

water pipes filter some, but you're still burning the material, so you get tar and carbon monoxide.

edibles seem like a good way to go, but i always get wayyyyyyyyy too much delivery of the medicine. it's like mmm, this baklava is yummy, i'll just have another bite. then an hour later i'm completely comatosed with full blown couch lock.

Got vape?

An interesting thing about vaporizors. When a person uses a vaporizor for weeks or longer, the taste comes from simply plant material which is not incinerated. Then if someone smokes some through a bowl and incinerates it with a torch, it tastes very very nasty. The burnt plant material presents a taste which is unacceptable.

Part of the buzz from incinerating the plant material is from the carbon monoxide or what ever. People who start to use the vape may not receive the full buzz they are used to and what is missing is the bad juju. Then they think the vape isn't working. Of course some vapes are better than others but a good vape is a good option for using the God-given plant.

TRENDING THREADS