• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
This Cav thing is going off the rails. Never noticed it being this big last year. Now I don't like the guy. But I also don't like having pages and pages on race discussion being turned into Cav, specially when what he said on twitter or did (n't) on the bike isn't relevant to the race.

So hopefully this provides a place for some people to vent their frustations...

Things I've learnt about Cav on this forum...

He doesn't win enough races for a man of his talent.

He's boring because he wins too many races.

He's too fat.

He's too thin.

He's a one trick pony who should develop his abilities to allow him to be successful in other races.

He shouldn't be riding races like RvV and P-R, it's just disrespecting these races.

He should shut his gob more after races.

He didn't really ought to be ignoring the media after races.

Reactions: Wvv
King Of The Wolds said:

He's too fat.

He's too thin.

He's a one trick pony who should develop his abilities to allow him to be successful in other races.

He shouldn't be riding races like RvV and P-R, it's just disrespecting these races.

:D

(10 chars)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
King Of The Wolds said:

He's too fat.

He's too thin.

Proven once again today.

Great thread Richeypen.
It could run longer than the Armstrong Fed Ex thread in the clinic.

El Pistachio now has a new home, while he waits for Gilbert to stay on his bike and actually do something that Cav has done a few times already this season: win a race.

I stand about where canyonball does on the subject. Off the rails, sums up the subjectivity surrounding the guy.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Great thread Richeypen.
It could run longer than the Armstrong Fed Ex thread in the clinic.

El Pistachio now has a new home, while he waits for Gilbert to stay on his bike and actually do something that Cav has done a few times already this season: win a race.

I stand about where canyonball does on the subject. Off the rails, sums up the subjectivity surrounding the guy.

So you're complaining someone is depreciating Cav in a depreciation thread? You're not very clever, huh?

Cav wins races and gets dropped on le Manie. :eek: Says a lot about those wins don't you think? Don't worry, I'll still be posting it in the race threads instead of here. :)

Topic starter reminds me of Chris Crocker by the way. Really, grow up. People post hateful stuff on race threads all the time. You think this only happens to Cavendish? The person I'm quoting here trolls BMC in every single race thread. Big deal, just ignore it instead of trying to play the victim. Or is it ok to troll other cyclists as long as it's not Frodo?

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
So you're complaining someone is depreciating Cav in a depreciation thread? You're not very clever, huh?

Cav wins races and gets dropped on le Manie. :eek: Says a lot about those wins don't you think? Don't worry, I'll still be posting it in the race threads instead of here. :)

Topic starter reminds me of Chris Crocker by the way. Really, grow up. People post hateful stuff on race threads all the time. You think this only happens to Cavendish? The person I'm quoting here trolls BMC in every single race thread. Big deal, just ignore it instead of trying to play the victim. Or is it ok to troll other cyclists as long as it's not Frodo?

Wow you just managed to insult every single sprinter... How is Greipel then any better than Cav, even if he has a tad more ability in classics etc he also gets all his wins by sprinting...

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Wow you just managed to insult every single sprinter... How is Greipel then any better than Cav, even if he has a tad more ability in classics etc he also gets all his wins by sprinting...

Greipel crashed at the Cipressa, what are you talking about? He didn't suck nearly as hard as Cavendish. Cavendish was sitting in the Gruppeto when Greipel won his second stage in the Tour of Oman.

Greipel is a classy guy, last year he worked his balls off many times during races for his leader. I respect him for that. He also won a few stages from a breakaway which shows that he's not just a sprinter. He can be a very entertaining rider.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Greipel crashed at the Cipressa, what are you talking about? He didn't suck nearly as hard as Cavendish. Cavendish was sitting in the Gruppeto when Greipel won his second stage in the Tour of Oman.

Greipel is a classy guy, last year he worked his balls off many times during races for his leader. I respect him for that. He also won a few stages from a breakaway which shows that he's not just a sprinter. He can be a very entertaining rider.

You were talking about how Cav's wins dont mean a lot... They mean as much as Greipels

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Froome19 said:
You were talking about how Cav's wins dont mean a lot... They mean as much as Greipels

Given his bad form, I'm not sure they do mean as much. Like I said, Cav was sitting in the Gruppeto when Greipel won a stage in the Tour of Oman. I don't rate Greipel's TDU wins all that high if that's what you're poking at.

His Tour win, now that was a great performance by him(and Cavendish). Also Cavendish is the world champion, that means he has less room for failing than Greipel has. It's a bit of a shame that our World Champion can't even handle a race like Dwars door Vlaanderen. Never mind getting dropped on le Manie at Milan-San Remo. That's just embarrassing if you're wearing the rainbow stripes. Only a win in Gent-Wevelgem can save his spring season now.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Given his bad form, I'm not sure they do mean as much. Like I said, Cav was sitting in the Gruppeto when Greipel won a stage in the Tour of Oman. I don't rate Greipel's TDU wins all that high if that's what you're poking at.

His Tour win, now that was a great performance by him(and Cavendish). Also Cavendish is the world champion, that means he has less room for failing than Greipel has. It's a bit of a shame that our World Champion can't even handle a race like Dwars door Vlaanderen.
So you wouldnt have had these complaints if Cav wasnt WC?....;)

And why was Greipel's tour win any better than any of his ones in TDU?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Froome19 said:
So you wouldnt have had these complaints if Cav wasnt WC?....;)

And why was Greipel's tour win any better than any of his ones in TDU?

- Better competition(duh)
- Harder stage than any of his wins in TDU
- Raced harder than any of his wins in TDU

It wasn't just a normal flat stage that day you know :)

And I would still have had complaints about him, but if you're wearing the rainbow jersey you can expect a lot more of those complaints if you, for example, drop that early in Milan-San Remo. That's normal and happens with everybody wearing the stripes while dropping too early for your status. He's the world champion of one day races for crying out loud!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
This is a great idea for a thread. It corners the essence of this forum. Can mods please merge all the responses to the following threads into this one:

Cavendish: Why is it so difficult to like him?

Cavendish difference between cockiness and confidence

Cav's whining

Mark Cavendish pulling a Bos

Cav is...

Plus I swear a long time ago there was a thread called "Why do you hate Cav ?", but not as in "why don't you like him" but as in "out of the many reasons one can hate him for, which is yours". Can't seem to find it anymore though :(

As for me, the guy spat on a rider who was down and injured because of a crash he himself caused ... nuff said

TRENDING THREADS