• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

mark cavendish to ride 3 GT's this year

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jamsque said:
His sprinting position is really something else. Look at the side shot from the Champs sprint last year and you can see that his back is totally flat and totally level the whole time.

That IS a great view of his sprinting style. His head at times is often lower or at the same level as his a$$.

Parrulo said:
that sprint with that camera is what made me a fan of his sprinting style
btw shouldn't there be a camera like that in every sprint? its just epic

same with me dude :D

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
As much as I hate the guy, I will admit his sprinting style is the best out anybody elses. But I will never place him in the same class as other great sprinters as Pettachi or Cipollini

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
If I was sprinter (or any cyclist) and had the choice between most stylish and fastest, I'd pick fastest.

You can bet that coaches are teaching kids to sprint like Cav. D1ck Fosbury was also seen as 'ugly' back in 1968.

Libertine Seguros said:
I don't think his schedule is all that ambitious - after all Tyler Farrar has gone to all 3 GTs for the last two years - but I think a bit of toing and froing has been done. Vuelta = worlds prep; Tour = green jersey focus, and ultimately the Giro is a race Cav (rightly) loves - he was very vocal in his complaints that the team made him ride California instead of the Giro. Since he likely won't finish either the Giro or Vuelta (there's little for him in the last 10 days of the Giro, and after this year he will probably quit the Vuelta in Asturias to prepare for the Worlds, unless he's in amazing form and thinks he can make it with the front bunch to Gasteiz!) then it doesn't seem like too bad a calendar at all; sprinters have much more opportunity to ride all year and pick up wins than the big GC men, because they can afford to conserve much more energy.

don't forget the cobbled classics he is set to ride too.