• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mark Renshaw

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think it was a mistake if you are right in saying that he could of been a pursuiter. He doesn't have the top end speed. Problem is also that he is really not a great climber.

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I think it was a mistake if you are right in saying that he could of been a pursuiter. He doesn't have the top end speed. Problem is also that he is really not a great climber.

Yeah, but the climbing would have to do with his size, and what he has trained for.

He was a great pursuiter growing up. After training for the kilo for 18months, he still got 2nd at the Australian U19s (after basically not contesting the final due to his packed schedule-he raced nearly everything)

He would much more have suited being a rider like O'Grady in my eyes. And looking through his junior results, he had the pedigree (look at his wiki page, in the Australian U19 Track championships in 2000, he was 1st in four events, 2nd in the individual pursuit, 4th in the Keirin, and didn't race the Sprint - which he placed third in the year before to two guys that moved up to seniors, or the points race - I imagine the NSW coaches wanted to give him a break!)

TRENDING THREADS