• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Massive "Pharmstrong" banner for the Tour Down Under???

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I live in Adelaide

Would i be a massive tool if i got a white king sized bed sheet and wrote "Lance Pharmstrong" and then drew a picture under it of Lance in jail cell?

*** edited by mod ***

I would put this banner up in a highly visible position out in the hills, away from the crowds of nut huggers so they won't attempt to take it down or heckle me. I don't think i could get told off by police or TDU organizers/employees as long as i don't write anything too offensive.

Advice and suggestions on what to write and how to do this would be appreciated.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
ClappinCheeks said:
I live in Adelaide

Would i be a massive tool if i got a white king sized bed sheet and wrote "Lance Pharmstrong" and then drew a picture under it of Lance in jail cell?

*** edited by mod ***

I would put this banner up in a highly visible position out in the hills, away from the crowds of nut huggers so they won't attempt to take it down or heckle me. I don't think i could get told off by police or TDU organizers/employees as long as i don't write anything too offensive.

Advice and suggestions on what to write and how to do this would be appreciated.

Keep it big simple and clean.
"Pharmstrong" in the style of Livestrongs lettering gets the messege across.;)

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
To answer your first question, IMO you'd look like a "massive tool" desperate to draw attention to himself in an effort to validate his opinions and convictions.

The same could be said for posting here, I suppose. "Look at me fellow Clinicians, I also who hate Lance Armstrong let me prove it please validate me"

But that's just my opinion of signs at sporting events and has nothing to do with my opinion of Lance Armstrong. I'd say the same about an animal cruelty sign directed at Michael Vick at an NFL game here in the states.

"Vick has paid his dues."

Laughable. How does one 'pay dues' for animal cruelty and torture and deserve to regain his fat-a** lifestyle and ego-adulation?? He'd do it again in a second if he thought he could get away with it...

Can't stand LA but I don't think even he would have the depravity to torture helpless animals.

ClappinCheeks said:
I live in Adelaide

*** edited by mod ***

These guys were appreciated, not seen as giant tools (except by Lance), even though they were carrying them:

tour432.jpg

syringe_man.jpg

610x.jpg

Agree with Darryl.

Darryl Webster said:
Keep it big simple and clean.
"Pharmstrong" in the style of Livestrongs lettering gets the messege across.;)

Dave.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Whenever Lance haters get on the bandwagon, I silently pray, please protect this newbie from the reality of pro cycling(sports).

I then go drop a buck in the till, light a votive candle, and once again pray: Please Lord, pity the poor fool don't break his heart......

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Junior, but not wet behind the ears.

flicker said:
Whenever Lance haters get on the bandwagon, I silently pray, please protect this newbie from the reality of pro cycling(sports).

I then go drop a buck in the till, light a votive candle, and once again pray: Please Lord, pity the poor fool don't break his heart......

If you are referring to me, don't worry your little cranium about me. :p

Sorry to disappoint you, I have been a SKEPTIC since 1999/2000, watching a newly reconsitituted Pharmstrong going up hills like a fly-weight, which he was never and will never be..... :eek:

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I think anyone carrying on, representing Australia putting up a poster claiming Lives- thong as a doper while Lives-thong is an invited guest of your government and National tour is a newbie.

Do your homework, write EPO Lance, but don't forget EPO Mick Rogers, Viva Valv-Piti etc. That must be proceded by an immense 10meter phallus.

Paint on the hard part of the course(Wallonga Hill) where a helicopter panning top flite riders will capture in all its glory.

Please don't forget to add the names of any other suspected.(especially kiwi or aussie riders you suspect of being worlds greatest sporting fraud.)

Thank you for asking!

My disclaimer... don't do any of this. Respect those of us who believe in clean sport and Lance! This is pure parody!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
These guys were appreciated, not seen as giant tools (except by Lance), even though they were carrying them:

tour432.jpg

syringe_man.jpg

610x.jpg

Agree with Darryl.

Dave.

Dave, and yet the love and geniality around my lordARMSTRONG and squire Charmicheal continues to grow. A beautiful thing. When the ToC (National USA tour and #3 world GT)takes place I will share some special fotos of support for our homegrown athletes plus our new adopted hero a certain Mr. Andy Schleck+ JENS!

mewmewmew13 said:

Laughable. How does one 'pay dues' for animal cruelty and torture and deserve to regain his fat-a** lifestyle and ego-adulation??

Can't stand LA but I don't think even he would have the depravity to torture helpless animals.

he spent two years in prison. which is way more than others have done for far worse.

many would argue that had his skin been a little lighter he would have got off a lot easier.

as long as vick doesn't commit the same crime, he's more than paid his due and should not be attacked. you don't have to support him.

armstrong, on the other hand, continues to make millions fraudulently, and lie to cancer patients, and actively go about destroying (human) lives. and he remains unpunished. talk to me when he's spent some time in prison and i'll consider that a banner protesting him is overkill.

armstrong is a cancer on the whole world. i hate him. i hate his hypocrisy. i hate the destruction that he has pursued upon other people's lives. people who were only telling the truth.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
he spent two years in prison. which is way more than others have done for far worse.

many would argue that had his skin been a little lighter he would have got off a lot easier.

as long as vick doesn't commit the same crime, he's more than paid his due and should not be attacked. you don't have to support him.

armstrong, on the other hand, continues to make millions fraudulently, and lie to cancer patients, and actively go about destroying (human) lives. and he remains unpunished. talk to me when he's spent some time in prison and i'll consider that a banner protesting him is overkill.

armstrong is a cancer on the whole world. i hate him. i hate his hypocrisy. i hate the destruction that he has pursued upon other people's lives. people who were only telling the truth.

Hate and anger are what guys like Hinault Greg L. and Lance A. feed on.

Vick is just a sick individual, IMO.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, let's sort this out. What Michael Vick did was totally different to what Armstrong has been accused of doing. They are completely different examples of law breaking, with very different consequences. Vick's actions were criminal, whereas Armstrong's supposed ones are fraudulent. You can't fairly compare the two as they are not legally even within the same realm.

As for whether or not having a "Pharmstrong" banner would make you look like a massive tool, yes it will and no it won't. Some people will be outraged that their hero has been desecrated by you, and will chase you down to shout that Lance is a god. A GOD! Others will find it hilarious, especially when the Lance fanboys show up (and they will, no matter how isolated a spot you think you've found). I say do it.

flicker said:
Vick is just a sick individual, IMO.

pharmstrong is a sociopath.

is that not sick?

@ orbis_25

fraud is a crime, no?

i am not comparing them. my point is not to defend vick. but to point out simply that he has paid his dues.

pharmstrong has not.

i want pharmstrong to go to prison. where he belongs. without that a huge injustice continues to thrive.

it's that simple.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:

Laughable. How does one 'pay dues' for animal cruelty and torture and deserve to regain his fat-a** lifestyle and ego-adulation?? He'd do it again in a second if he thought he could get away with it...

Vick did go to jail for two years... longer than most people do for manslaughter.
Let's Lance do a few years..

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
orbis_25 said:
Ok, let's sort this out. What Michael Vick did was totally different to what Armstrong has been accused of doing. They are completely different examples of law breaking, with very different consequences. Vick's actions were criminal, whereas Armstrong's supposed ones are fraudulent. You can't fairly compare the two as they are not legally even within the same realm.

As for whether or not having a "Pharmstrong" banner would make you look like a massive tool, yes it will and no it won't. Some people will be outraged that their hero has been desecrated by you, and will chase you down to shout that Lance is a god. A GOD! Others will find it hilarious, especially when the Lance fanboys show up (and they will, no matter how isolated a spot you think you've found). I say do it.

actually with the angle jeff appears to be persuing it could be criminal. unless it's not illegal to peddle prescription drugs in america

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Big Doopie said:

I'm sorry to hear how profound an effect Lance Armstrong has had on you.. must be rough.

A

Anonymous

Id go with this approach personally
vraa6w.png

only spell it correctly obviously ;)

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
GreasyMonkey said:
"Pharmstrong
Do(p)ing the best for cancer"

The text is great. For the design I'd put it in big yellow letters on a black background. Many people will think that it's something from Livestrong and look at it. Believe me. -- I'm a professional designer. :)

TRENDING THREADS