• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Massive "Pharmstrong" banner for the Tour Down Under???

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
forty four said:
not so much a tool but a loser with no life and too much time on there hands. go do some charity work or something useful with your time you guys are like little passive agressive children.

said the guy not doing charity work but wasting his life lecturing to others on an internet forum...:rolleyes:

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
he spent two years in prison. which is way more than others have done for far worse.

many would argue that had his skin been a little lighter he would have got off a lot easier.

as long as vick doesn't commit the same crime, he's more than paid his due and should not be attacked. you don't have to support him.

armstrong, on the other hand, continues to make millions fraudulently, and lie to cancer patients, and actively go about destroying (human) lives. and he remains unpunished. talk to me when he's spent some time in prison and i'll consider that a banner protesting him is overkill.

armstrong is a cancer on the whole world. i hate him. i hate his hypocrisy. i hate the destruction that he has pursued upon other people's lives. people who were only telling the truth.

you are crazy and delusional good luck with that.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
said the guy not doing charity work but wasting his life lecturing to others on an internet forum...:rolleyes:

how do you know? its 6 in the morning i come on here while i have my morning caffeine for comedic entertainment then i move on to serious real life stuff.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
forty four said:
how do you know? its 6 in the morning i come on here while i have my morning caffeine for comedic entertainment then i move on to serious real life stuff.

just think how much charity work you could do in a day starting at 6am;)

and before you say it charity work is very serious real life stuff, just ask the liestrong crew:rolleyes:

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
ClappinCheeks said:
I live in Adelaide

Would i be a massive tool if i got a white king sized bed sheet and wrote "Lance Pharmstrong" and then drew a picture under it of Lance in jail cell?

*** edited by mod ***

I would put this banner up in a highly visible position out in the hills, away from the crowds of nut huggers so they won't attempt to take it down or heckle me. I don't think i could get told off by police or TDU organizers/employees as long as i don't write anything too offensive.

Advice and suggestions on what to write and how to do this would be appreciated.

You should make the banner and hang it in front of a bunch of families w lots of children. Help the mom and dad out by going over and explaining to the kids what you are doing. Tell the parents that they are really not having a good time and that you know better. Also tell the kids that you, but nobody else know the facts about Lance but nobody will listen to you. Explain that you can watch the race without watching Lance by blinking your eyes really,really fast. Also let them know that you are not going to eat or drink anything at the race because if you do Lance will win by raising revenue for the TDU. Also explain that Lance didn't really have cancer,,that was faked also..and tell them that the new research building should be renamed or that everybody inside should lose their jobs..but by all means make the banner

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ClappinCheeks said:
I live in Adelaide

Would i be a massive tool if i got a white king sized bed sheet and wrote "Lance Pharmstrong" and then drew a picture under it of Lance in jail cell?

*** edited by mod ***

I would put this banner up in a highly visible position out in the hills, away from the crowds of nut huggers so they won't attempt to take it down or heckle me. I don't think i could get told off by police or TDU organizers/employees as long as i don't write anything too offensive.

Advice and suggestions on what to write and how to do this would be appreciated.

Yep,do it. Also write your name, social, DL, address there on the same banner,/w/the 10 meter phallus!

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
-Yep,do it. Also write your name, social, DL, address there on the same banner,/w/the 10 meter phallus-

I love it. Someone buys the Armstrong myth so much, that they are afraid of him.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
How about this from the ToC?

25zlegy.jpg

Betsy - 1
Lance -0

And she is about to start running up the score

Wow, what a mysterious post again.

"People, there is something coming. I already know it, but you don't. Hihi. I love me because I am so important and have all the knowledge of everything and everyone. I made coffie for Novitzky. All the haters love me. If I fail, it was Lance's fault" :cool:

Deeply Flawed

brianf7 said:
Just paint on it FREE DRUGS FOR EVERYONE because that is the only way it is fair. They will never catch these guys WADA .UCI spend $10 million on catching them and they spend $20 million on ways to avoid detection .

So let Armstrong go about raising money for the flood victims at least that will save us some.

Take the drugs and whipe themselves out quickly. there is life when pro cycling is over.

Except, it doesn't work like that. At all. Not even a little.

One needs to go back to the late 1980'-1990's to see why. Back then, juniors were dying of heart attacks. Kids under 23, dying from heart attacks. That's what happens in a 'let them dope' environment. The 'them' are doping kids and killing a few. In the U.S. Carmichael and Wenzel walked away from doping children. They didn't kill anyone as as far as I know.

No way. Not again.

If you start with the assumption that WADA will *always* be a few years behind the latest dope and formulate practices fyou immediately arrive at a very pragmatic solutions. Hold samples for 10 years and retest them as new protocols are discovered by WADA. If you don't see how quickly this would discourage doping, then there is no reasoning with you.

Finally, one of the doping apologists made a good point, it's hard to call out Armstrong when in fact the problem is UCI-wide. Pharmstrong is the 'poster child' and was wildly successful in perpetrating a widespread and complex fraud on top of the doping. But the UCI's role as the enabler is almost as important.

Suggestions

A bed sheet isn't that big from a helicopter. One bed sheet per letter would be. Maybe a split message along the lines of PHARMSTRONG on the top-half and maybe FRAUD or Novitzky (correct spelling) on the bottom? A more global message, UCI on top 2/3. DOPERS on the bottom third. They do those beauty shots at the end of the stages to fill in the end of a feed. That might be another good time to try.

Whatever you do, I think sticking to one or two words would maximize the effect.

As far as geography goes, I think there are two options. Find a place where the road/terrain is very steep because the cyclists are going slow. The production crew uses big panorama shots on the flats. If you can get lots of room near the course in a flat area, that's a possibility.

You need a 'reveal' such that the cam operator doesn't have time to reframe the shot so your important message makes it into the video feed. That's why I would have a 'safe' message always on top, and then the doping message set up as a reveal. A few volunteers are probably needed to roll out the reveal for maximum effect. The volunteers can act silly with the safe message to assist the cam operator find interesting scenes. To make the trick work really well, you need one day of displaying the safe message. The second day you do the reveal. The production crew won't figure it out before it's too late on the second day.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Wow, what a mysterious post again.

"People, there is something coming. I already know it, but you don't. Hihi. I love me because I am so important and have all the knowledge of everything and everyone. I made coffie for Novitzky. All the haters love me. If I fail, it was Lance's fault" :cool:

Cobblestoned's new home once the news hits:

trapdoor.jpg

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
ClappinCheeks said:
I live in Adelaide

*** edited by mod ***

Oh dear.
Better I don't tell you what I think directly, but it remembers me of some sad years of my country what happens here in this place. Not only your "ambitions", but mostly some of reactions you provocated.
But anyway, the announcement should do it to become a well accepted CN clinic-hero.
So now, you better enjoy the race, ambiente and Lance's nose.

Alternatively you can tape a star on Lance's and all RS riders chests instead of putting up a banner.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
ClappinCheeks said:
I live in Adelaide

*** edited by mod ***

Here is a thought, take a king sized bed sheet and write the name of whatever rider or team you want to support and put it in a highly visible position out in the hills. . . .

Really, just go out and cheer and support the teams/riders of your choice.

The lance thing will resolve itself. Lets support the sport we have.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Cobblestoned's new home once the news hits:

trapdoor.jpg

A hole that the big predictors here should actually never have left again.
But they don't care and still jump around.

For example:
- the "Lance won't find a sponsor" hole
- the "Lance won't ride the Tour 09+10" hole
- the "Lance will get busted in France" hole
- the "Lance won't finish the Tour 09+10" hole
- the "RS will be gone after the Tour" hole
- the "Lance won't be allowed to leave the country or travel to TDU" hole
- and several other holes I now neglected

Sure polish or flicker can add some holes.

Any questions, movieboy ? :D

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
A bed sheet isn't that big from a helicopter. One bed sheet per letter would be. Maybe a split message along the lines of PHARMSTRONG on the top-half and maybe FRAUD or Novitzky (correct spelling) on the bottom? A more global message, UCI on top 2/3. DOPERS on the bottom third. They do those beauty shots at the end of the stages to fill in the end of a feed. That might be another good time to try.

Whatever you do, I think sticking to one or two words would maximize the effect.

As far as geography goes, I think there are two options. Find a place where the road/terrain is very steep because the cyclists are going slow. The production crew uses big panorama shots on the flats. If you can get lots of room near the course in a flat area, that's a possibility.

You need a 'reveal' such that the cam operator doesn't have time to reframe the shot so your important message makes it into the video feed. That's why I would have a 'safe' message always on top, and then the doping message set up as a reveal. A few volunteers are probably needed to roll out the reveal for maximum effect. The volunteers can act silly with the safe message to assist the cam operator find interesting scenes. To make the trick work really well, you need one day of displaying the safe message. The second day you do the reveal. The production crew won't figure it out before it's too late on the second day.

Dirty Works gives all the details, as if they may have done this before?

Why all the talk about tools? :D

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:

What happens when they hit the editing floor with the raw footage?

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
JayZee said:
Here is a thought, take a king sized bed sheet and write the name of whatever rider or team you want to support and put it in a highly visible position out in the hills. . . .

+1

I'm always amazed at the vitirol people manage to summon up about things that aren't that important in the grand scheme of things. (not just here - all over the internet)

It's much more pleasurable going through life enjoying yourself.

JayZee said:

The sport we have promotes systematic doping. I and a few others who regularly post don't want that sport.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Well, you'd get a shot at the live feed that I would watch. But yeah, after that, it's as if it never happened. It's definitely a task that has to bring personal satisfaction.

or a task that becomes newsworthy;)

maybe the word LIESTRONG spelt with naked ladies lying on the ground for the helicopter....:D

TRENDING THREADS