• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Maxim Iglinsky positive for EPO

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hrotha said:
75% of Clinic posts nowadays are sarcastic and tired reiterations of the same overused joke.

75% is something to aspire to. And, there is more than one joke - some are overused.

In this case, the observation referred to news that is barely one month old. We haven't had enough time to overuse this joke, yet.

Some will remember this from a late August interview with Hesjedal:

"Ryder Hesjedal says he stopped doping in 2004. He was going backward (sic) on mountain biking’s World Cup circuit, finishing worse than when he rode clean. ..."

Thus, we are to believe that yes, you can use EPO and it will make you go backwards. Yup, you read it. Backwards.

Vino attacks everyone was merely putting 1 and 1 together, and observed the commonality in race performance with and without doping.

Dave.

This is where the UCI, and testing in general, and results that are returned are so askew.

You can turn around a test at the lab for EPO in a few days. Yet, particularly with the UCI, it is shrouded in mystery when they tested, why it takes so long to respond and so forth, and release information.

He requests the B sample, but is allowed to race? Hey, be at the lab tomorrow buddy, we will run the test and you can watch your positive results.

But alas, I need my expert to be there, my lawyer, we have scheduling conflicts. Oh wait, the board members and MPCC, UCI etc..all need to have some representative available...4 months later, I think we found a date we can all be there for the B sample test everybody!!!! Yay!

Only in sports, and drug testing, does it take such a ridiculously long time to get something so basic accomplished with modern science waiting in the wings.

What would be hilarious. What if he was still using EPO, and he finishes on the podium this weekend while we wait for the B sample? Haha...

fmk_RoI said:
If the rule could be written into the WADA Code, then it would only apply to future cases, it could no be applied to the past, to Riis, to Vinokourov, to Saiz, to whoever. It would not do what you want done.

True enough, but over time the issue would be closed and the UCI would be seen as "doing something about it" within various rules and regulation frameworks.

The willingness to do something about it, even if it were a slow process would improve their credibility.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/04-...skiy-epo-pechino-vinokourov-90643209097.shtml

If this is true, this is absolutely freaking beautiful.

Gazzetta think that the plan is that Iglinskiy will confess after this weekend. By exercising his right to have the B sample tested, Astana get to start in Il Lombardia and in the Tour of Almaty. However, if that is then positive, they miss the next WT event after the positive is ratified. Therefore, if Maxim confesses after Lombardia, they will be barred from the Tour of Beijing, a race completely irrelevant to them as they are a) not under any pressure for their WT licence, and b) they've already got more than enough points anyway. And a race nobody cares about and that is dying, instead of a pre-season tune-up race for next year.

Gaming the system to that level and so blatantly is just masterful. Glorious work by Astana if true.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Gaming the system to that level and so blatantly is just masterful. Glorious work by Astana if true.
I dont get the fuss, only the Tour of Almaty mathers for Vino, that isnt WT is it?

It does save them a worthless trip to Beijing, that is true.

Isnt there a MPCC rule for two positives in a month?
;)

If he had admitted immediately, Astana would have to suspend themselves from racing for 8 days starting from the next WT race (in that case Lombardia) and then also miss Almaty (as well as Beijing). If he admits on Monday they can race Almaty and Lombardia, and they won't miss any races they wouldn't have missed if he had admitted before.

Libertine Seguros said:

Huh? You aren't thinking about this right. Just like "It's not doping unless the athlete is sanctioned."

They are doing this by the rules and masterfully so. I will let them slide on this one.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Vino just have to let Maxim out of the trunk of his car to say he waves the right to have the B sample analyzed some day early in the comming week. Then Astana can save the money for the trip to Beijing and also stay clear of any risk of a clen positive from chosing the wrong food items at the buffet there.

They better not get a third positive in the next two years, or they will have to sit out four weeks, and that might be harder to fit so neatly into the calendar. I wonder what MPCC will say if Kreuziger loses the bio passport case at CAS. The abnormaleties in his passport are supposed to be from his time at Astana. If UCI or WADA takes Kreuzigers case to CAS Astana might do best to leave MPCC.

http://mpcc.unblog.fr/category/reglement-interne-2013/

DirtyWorks said:
Huh? You aren't thinking about this right. Just like "It's not doping unless the athlete is sanctioned."

They are doing this by the rules and masterfully so. I will let them slide on this one.

They are gaming the system to show precisely the amount of f***s Astana give about doping is. We already know it can be rounded to zero, they're just giving us the figure to more decimal points for a greater degree of accuracy.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Tour of Beijing – Official Statement
06/10/2014 cgb

Astana Pro Team has moved to act upon the decision by rider Maxim Iglinskiy not to request a counter-analysis of his positive control from 1 August 2014 -

In doing so the team conforms to rules set by the MPCC, which Astana Pro Team joined in 2013, and has therefore decided to withdraw from the final World Tour event – the Tour of Beijing -

http://proteam-astana.com/2014/10/06/tour-of-beijing-official-statement/

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:

Yup, pretty well played by vino. They must be gutted they can't go to tour of Beijing tho......

Yeah, I mean how many times has the B sample turned up the opposite? Never. They are finally going to give it up and eat the penalties.

Vino knows he needs to just throw someone under the bus and get his team back in step.

Nibali...gheez. WTF. So seems like the rest of the team is dopers, including the former doper Vino...yet we are to believe Nibali lives in a bubble and is clean?

zigmeister said:
Yeah, I mean how many times has the B sample turned up the opposite? Never.

it happened.

but you have to be riccardo ricco's girlfriend to happen...hmmm...

1216398357_0.jpg

this thread needed some boobies anyway

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
Interesting stuff. Does seem that the Iglinsky brothers were acting on their own and without the knowledge of their team. Glad to see Astana aren't half as bad as some believe (myself included if I am honest).

Yes, I was expecting him to reveal that astana has a team program.

good news, now we can be sure Nibali is cleans.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
Interesting stuff. Does seem that the Iglinsky brothers were acting on their own and without the knowledge of their team. Glad to see Astana aren't half as bad as some believe (myself included if I am honest).

Why is the word of Lieuwe Westra to be believed?

Maybe Vino has chosen Westra to be unofficial PR damage limitation voice.

This is Vino's team and you think a Kazak team which 2 Kazak bothers are popped for EPO were acting on their own when their Manager is a doping demi god.

Are you that naive, Astana hired Bruyneel, then Martinelli, 2 guys who inside the sport were known for winning with doping.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Yes, I was expecting him to reveal that astana has a team program.

good news, now we can be sure Nibali is cleans.

Nobody believes Nibali is riding clean but the evidence seems to suggest he is acting alone without the knowledge of his teammates.

TRENDING THREADS