• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

May 1 - 50th Rund um den Finanzplatz Eschborn-Frankfurt (1.1)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
for a while it looked like HTC were going the same way as last year - no one getting in the break was pretty poor given the strong squad they had but again they win races by having the best sprinter. shame Matthews got squeazed into the barriers. Would good to have seen him and Degenkolb have a proper fight out. matthews won last time in the U23 worlds but they both are huge sprinting talents who can climb - hopefully will be seeing many more battles between them.

And yes really well organised race in a great area.

Sparta said:
for a while it looked like HTC were going the same way as last year - no one getting in the break was pretty poor given the strong squad they had but again they win races by having the best sprinter. shame Matthews got squeazed into the barriers. Would good to have seen him and Degenkolb have a proper fight out. matthews won last time in the U23 worlds but they both are huge sprinting talents who can climb - hopefully will be seeing many more battles between them.

And yes really well organised race in a great area.

With a clear run it would not have been a contest, Mathews would have smoked him (I can say that as a fan of both, with both in my CQ team).

It's a pity for matthews. All his team would have been spent doing attacks. Nice though getting over the climbs. Degenkolb and Matthews shall be competing against each over for yrs, which is cool. Bak and Albasini came last because they did work for Degenkolb.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Oddly enough F. Wegmann is nowhere to be found in the results. However they showed him talking to Voigt right after the finish so I don't know what happened there.

I wonder why Rabobak chose to go on the attack after the peloton was together again, even though they had one of the strongest sprinters.

Does anyone have results from the U23 race?

greenedge said:
It's a pity for matthews. All his team would have been spent doing attacks. Nice though getting over the climbs. Degenkolb and Matthews shall be competing against each over for yrs, which is cool. Bak and Albasini came last because they did work for Degenkolb.
Well with Martens and Slagter it isn't bad to attack... if they get in a select group they can do well, especially Martens obviously.

But the rest of the team should have stayed with Matthews, however some of them couldn't... Van Emden was sick and pulled out, Vermeltfoort was dropped pretty fast...and they already started without Tankink. So only Niermann was left for Matthews in the end.

But that doesn't free them of all blame. I think AFTER the last hill, when everything came back together, Martens and Slagter should have focussed on Matthews. Instead, even in the final rounds, they spent energy trying to attack...
I think if they had radio's they would be ordered not to do so

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
Oddly enough F. Wegmann is nowhere to be found in the results. However they showed him talking to Voigt right after the finish so I don't know what happened there.

I wonder why Rabobak chose to go on the attack after the peloton was together again, even though they had one of the strongest sprinters.

Zabel won, that's all I know.

Christian said:

1. [GER] BERCZ Patrick TRS 3h24'17"
2. [GER] SCHEIT Florian -
3. [NED] LAMMERTINK Maurits CJP
4. [NED] KREDER Wesley RB3
5. [GER] SELIG Rüdiger - 04"
6. [NED] BOVENHUIS Jasper RB3 04"
7. [DEN] LANDER Sebastian VPC 04"
8. [GER] SCHNAIDT Fabian - 04"
9. [DEN] CLAUSEN Patrick - 04"
10. [NZL] GATE Aaron - 04"
11. [AUT] AUER Gernot RAD 04"
12. [GER] BÜRGEL Bastian TET 04"
13. [GER] REINHARDT Theo - 04"
14. [NED] TE STROET Rens CJP 04"
15. [NED] HAMELINK Jasper CJP 04"
16. [GER] KLEMME Daniel - 04"
17. [GER] MEISEN Marcel TRS 04"
18. [GER] BENOIT André - 04"
19. [SUI] PELLAUD Simon - 04"
20. [GER] HOLLER Nikodemus - 04"

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:

Last part of the race is a small 3 round loop and so they drop the riders behind the first group out of the race. You'll only find 75 riders in the classement
http://services.datasport.com/2011/velo/henninger/Rang201.pdf

There you can find all the other results too
http://services.datasport.com/2011/velo/henninger

TRENDING THREADS