• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

May 1st, Tour de Romandie Stage 5: Champagne - Geneve, 164.6km

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
May 1st, Tour de Romandie Stage 5: Champagne - Geneve, 164.6km

profile-5.jpg

General Classificatin after Stage 4

1 Cadel Evans (BMC)
2 Tony Martin (HTC-Highroad) + 0:18
3 Alexandre Vinokourov (Astana) + 0:19
4 Marco Pinotti (HTC-Highroad) + 0:31
5 Beñat Intxausti (Movistar Team) + 0:41

par6240010_600.jpg

Stage Map

Startlists, feeds and other details about Tour de Romandie - steephill

I too think Vino will not be able to resist having a go but with 25kms of flat from the PMU sprint, i think it will be a bunch sprint.

Also why didn't someone like Wiggins have a go for the overall in this event. It is probably perfect for him. 2 TT's and no huge mountains....seem right up his alley

Ryaguas said:
Vino to go kamikaze in the last kms!
But most likely Swift will take the last stage... He is going well...

Definately Vino will be feeling the adreneline, and combined with his kamikaze nature he could do something. But even though I picked him as 3rd overall as a dark horse, I don't think the rest will let him do much in the last kms tomorrow.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
I too think Vino will not be able to resist having a go but with 25kms of flat from the PMU sprint, i think it will be a bunch sprint.

Also why didn't someone like Wiggins have a go for the overall in this event. It is probably perfect for him. 2 TT's and no huge mountains....seem right up his alley

Cos he got dropped in the not huge mountains

El Imbatido said:

Yeah you'd have thought he would have a good chance. The team sky site reckons that he got dropped on the first road stage as the last climb had some unexpected downhill:confused: and i think he then took it easy. On the second road stage he did try to break away to get time back but didnt manage it. Judging by his TT result yesterday i dont think he's in the greatest of form, probably aiming to peak again for the Tour.

Suppose it is possible today that Astana might really up the pace on the climbs to put as many BMC guys out the back then have Vino attack. If he can get a few other guys to go with him then he may have a chance, but im sure Evans will be watching him like a hawk.

Frosty said:
Yeah you'd have thought he would have a good chance. The team sky site reckons that he got dropped on the first road stage as the last climb had some unexpected downhill:confused: .

He forgot that when what goes up must come down, maybe he was thinking about Pips ****. :)

Hugh

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Be a good day for BMC to control the race as a unit in prep for TDF

Vino will try as will the HTC boys on the climb might a fun watch for 30 kms or so.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Looks like a good group to let go for BMC though. None close to the gc if I recall correctly. (Didn't check the GC before making this statement:))

Original Break has come back

@procyclinglive With 23km to go 4 leaders have a gap of 50s on the bunch. BMC leads the peloton for GC leader Evans #romandie

Brandle (GEO) a rejoint Rolland (EUR), Gadret (ALM) et Kruijswijk (RAB). Le peloton est à 32\".

TRENDING THREADS