• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

May 1st, Tour de Romandie Stage 5: Champagne - Geneve, 164.6km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
well he said that he hates it when people pass him in tt's. surely having people around you in a ttt is apart of it. He might be good at it but he doesn't like them at all.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Swift probably hates TTTs because of the volume of track work the BC academy do. It wasn't unusual 4-5 years ago for the BC academy guys to be doing 2hr 5-up TTTs on the blue line around the track as quality work.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm annoyed that the feed isn't working. Would of liked to see cadel and the bmc boys.

4rwkiw

(@chiarapasserini)

auscyclefan94 said:
well he said that he hates it when people pass him in tt's. surely having people around you in a ttt is apart of it. He might be good at it but he doesn't like them at all.
Nobody likes TTTs. In an ITT at least if you don't have the legs or whatever it's only your problem, but in a TTT you have to keep up with your mates. Long TTTs are brutal (or were, since I don't think we've had one of those in a while).

insideout leadout said:
Impressive stuff from Sky in the last 5km, other teams were very weak in comparison. Freire looked fast in the end but couldn't get to Swift.

Yeah - my stream died with a Km to go and reappeared 50m from the line, but at least Sky have finally realised that 4th man needs to lead under 1km to go if you're going to have enough to reach the finish.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Nobody likes TTTs. In an ITT at least if you don't have the legs or whatever it's only your problem, but in a TTT you have to keep up with your mates. Long TTTs are brutal (or were, since I don't think we've had one of those in a while).

TTTs are fantastic fun, riding the National TTT here in the UK two years ago is one my most cherished cycling memories.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
My stream was crapping out constantly in the final 3k so I missed most of the action, but great to see Swifty getting a win. Well deserved for Sky, they worked their asses off chasing the break and led out perfectly. Super G has been kinda invisible at this race so I'm glad to see him showing his face even if only in the lead-out.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Ha Ha. Tirreno Evans gets a Trident, today he gets what looks like a piece of sheet metal with Tour of Romandie etched on it...

Wonder which one is going to be his favorite??

TRENDING THREADS