• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Maybe pro cycling in the US just needs to die.

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I keep hearing this excuse about it's ok for Lance to do this or that because it helps keep pro cycling alive in the US. But if it can't survive without Lance breaking the rules all the time maybe you guys should just accept that it isn't meant to be?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
No doubt, QP. Selling my C-50 tomorrow and picking up some golf clubs. Hey, is your avatar the same as the poster you have above your bed? In your parent's basement?

May 1, 2009
Visit site
you're right, he's almost 40 and how many more years can he saves cycling in USA?

but i think it's ok for him to do it while he still can. reading thru most of your postings, you just seem to have problem with anything related to him :)

there's more in cycling than him.

Pro Cycling is never going to die, it's just a question of how much (or how little) sponsorship money it gets. It could possibly regress to the days of a "top pro" getting a huge payoff of a new front chainring from the local bike shop after a huge win, but it will never die.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
53x11 in DC said:
No doubt, QP. Selling my C-50 tomorrow and picking up some golf clubs. Hey, is your avatar the same as the poster you have above your bed? In your parent's basement?

Hey - if you are getting rid of that C50, I will be interested :)
Golf will be good for you !!!!!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
The sport has always struggled... During the peak Lance years it wasnt great... Thing is, you cant be a kid and race a bike without getting a beer bottle thrown at your head from a 6-wheel pickup! Cant do it!

Pro cycling will be full of dope as long as money is to be made... If there's no money then you'll get cleaner guys with no money to dope well and WADA with more money than the sport has.

Cycling was picked on because its "the little guy" in pro sports.

if WADA went after soccer, a HUGE money sport, or any other top sport they would end up at the bottom of the mediterranean with their ankles tied to cement blocks... Nuff said.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
quarterpounder said:
I keep hearing this excuse about it's ok for Lance to do this or that because it helps keep pro cycling alive in the US. But if it can't survive without Lance breaking the rules all the time maybe you guys should just accept that it isn't meant to be?

Oh glorious pounder, you grace us with your wonder and superior insight into how the world works once again.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
quarterpounder said:

Define "you guys".

Better still define your reason for provoking er posting or whatever it is that you do.

TRENDING THREADS