• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mc Quaid " dumped "?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Race Radio said:
all will be revealed on Tuesday.....

Those who do not have me on " ignore " will find my blog " Tourdafarce.blogspot.com worth a visit .

In addition i sent the following comment to Thomas BACH via NBC :

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/20...ic-committee-rep/comment-page-1/#comment-1038

" How does a person address Thomas Bach , he is not on Twitter as far as i can see ?

He said. “You should know that my door, my ears and my heart are always open.”

With this invite , IT IS URGENT , that he address the PROBLEM of the UCI !

On 27th Sept 2013 , the UCI will elect a new President for the next 4 year term ! The " Incumbent , p.Mc Quaid , is a member of the IOC , BUT , because he was a " renegade " and dissed the IOC in the 1970's he was BANNED from Athletic Competition for LIFE !

How is it he can present Medals in London 2012 Olympics , having been disqualified , yet tell the CYcling World " IF you do not elect me , you will lose my IOC influence "? SURELY this is BLACKMAIL of the most serious order ?

Can Thomas BACH , start an 8 year term with this type of low life as part of his Committee ?

Get real folks , Mc Quaid as Jim Burn in 1970'S gave the IOC the " finger ", now he is threatening the IOC Sport of Cycling with retribution , should they fail to elect him : see my blog " Tourdafarce.blogspot " for a fuller appreciation of the current situation , which threatens to become worse , since he has NO VALID/LEGAL Nomination for these Elections !

THOMAS BACH show the world that you have the SPINE to ACT , where Jacques Rogge , friendly towards Mc quaid , failed . Looking at Jacques Rogge , in recent TV appearances suggests to me that he may be in Ill Health , thus lacked the resolve to fight Hein Verbruggen for the removal of both from the UCI ?

Not holding my breathe for an answer , but would appreciate an email address or social Media address where i can repeat this comment !

So many decrying phat the rat , yet , apparently NO ONE here is trying to nail together his coffin !

Get busy folks , time is wasting !

May 26, 2009
backtracking & trying to rewrite history seems to be phat the rat's latesrt tactic in his bid to be allowed on the ballot next Friday in Firenze ! Already he has told the media that nein v. did not mean the " NEVER, never , etc " statement , now he recasts his opinion on Lance !

Whilst the interview was reported by media toadies as a " work of art " , you will find that the " comments " are being sifted/moderated , not sure what criteria is being used when this item is allowed :

" Only seriously interested people will be warmly welcomed,Thanks,,you have to work and use the computer and internet, and if you can do that and dedicate some time each day then you can do this with no problem. I have been working with this for a month and have made over $17,000 already. let me know if you need more here you go....

----------------------------->>>pkℳ.ddp.net "

What this has to do with the subject , i have yet to understand ! However the following doesn't appear ! Made it to Twitter & Facebook however :

" Amazing to think jim burn aka phat the rat mc quaid wants to rewrite HISTORY ! Just like he said , nein fordruggen didn't say " Lance NEVER , Never , never DOPED "! He WAS a friend of mine "! So in 2013 jimbo is trying to follow the 1970s hymn book ? DOES HE THINK THE CYCLING FRATERNITY is STUPID/gullible ? WE all know the MEDIA are , otherwise we wouldn't be replying to this figment of jimbo's imagination ? As i have said in Parrabuddy.blogspot so many times , phat the rat falls out of bed each day without a clue as to what he is going to do next in his search for ways to denigrate the Organisation that pays HIM a Salary to safeguard the UCI Constitution !

Fooling the Sth Africans in the 1970s , as an english jim burns , was easy , since the Sth Africans were happy to give him the wink , afterall it was to their benefit !

Fooling the tools of the IOC was also easy , since most of them have a chequered career and probably thought , " there but for good luck , go i "? jacques Rogge has exited stage left , probably with the relief that he did not have to act , nein fordruggen is reported to be refusing association with phat's actions of late ? Was it not reported that members of the IOC demanded that Cookson take on the fight for the UCI President's post ? As i said in other comments , i hope Thomas Bach ( IOC Pres. ) kicks the step ladder out from under phat when he is brown nosing !

Don't know who " peedee9 " is but he appears to support Lance . He is correct in that Lance was the beneficiary of the World Wjde Benelolence of Sponsors . THere is NO DOUBT that phat the rat , was happy to brown nose Lance whilst everything in the garden was rosy . Shame for ALL, that the nasty TT of USADA , came along breaking the furniture and believing those " Whiners & " Scumbags "! More of a shame that USADA , were given a job to do , THEN THEY DID IT ! Unlike the UCI , where even now there are " Sanctions from the 100th Le Tour , sitting in the Presidential Office awaiting decision !

YES , the UCI has SANCTIONS from the 100th Le Tour , but " Win friends mc quaid " wants to avoid ruffling feathers , guess that Cannondale Italian of this past week , is wondering " WHY ME , why now "? Could it be a WAKEUP CALL to the European Feds. about neins boast " I CAN MAKE YOU POSITIVE ", still remains an option ?

Whilst Nein was President , he did SO MANY things for the GOOD of Cycling Sport ! He even declared in IRELAND the revenue of his side business , 40 million revenue with 5 MILLION Profit ! As to the expenses of 35 million , who knows where those monies went ?

QUESTION IS , if the " master " had this type of " side business " , what of the " apprentice "? Is this the reason that phat is scrapeing his fingernails along the floor , as he is dragged from his Aigle office ? As the apprentice he held the job of the " Road Commission Head " , is it possible that the current incumbent has become the apprentice in recent times ? Look at what happened last week in Italy ! The Womens Giro Toscana HC Race deteriorated into a shambles ! Even i , a bystander , on the internet , alerted Cookson of the reports of HC =has cars from a blog that i chanced upon . Monday Cookson tweets " Concern " , yet this past day i tweeted him asking about " Any Result from the Enquiry "?

" Brian Cookson OBE ‏@cooksonforuci 1h
Bernard Hinault, 5x TdF winner and cycling legend, has backed my campaign "Cycling needs news ideas, new solutions" http://briancookson.org/en/endorsements/
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
skippy mc carthy ‏@skippydetour 1h
@cooksonforuci STOP BRAGGING ! Where is the URGENT report on the Toscana HC ( has cars) ! Womens Cycling is the UCI's biggest growth area !

WHEN Will there be a report ? Doubtful that the Women will get anything whilst in Firenze , since the Race Organiser has made his views known ! He will be there next year with the same dISMISSIVE SAVE MONEY ATTITUDE , of that YOU CAN BE CERTAIN !

Neither cookson or phat are " Friends of " WOMENS CYCLING" as demonstrated by their respective comments and media reports , BUT , they are TOO complacent to realise that it is with WOMENS CYCLING that TRUE Growth of UCI Revenues will come !

Just watched France24 News show Mark passing Viviani to win the Saturday ToB finish ! That was SUPPOSED to be a replay of the sunday finish !

Seems those in the Media think they can feed Cycling Fans any old rubbish ! With that it comes as no surprise that the UCI Management team has the same attitude !

Whoever wins next friday , will we see SAME OLD , Same Old , same old ?

Getting the point that UCI would be better off being COMPLETELY GUTTED , and the RACERS refusing to PAY FEES for the right to be treated as " Cannon Fodder "!

Glad i am in receipt of entertainment not INCOME !

Beginning to think that the stench of corruption is so overpowering that a visit to Firenze is a waste of time ?

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Hopefully the end of the McQuaid mini dynasty in cycling!

Like I said in the other thread I can't see it. Andrew McQuaid represents many riders like Roche, Stannard, Kennaugh, Phinney, Deignan, etc, and I don't think that will be effected by this. Darach's company was involved in the worlds going to the US in 2015. The will remain in the sport with some influence.

May 26, 2009
phat back in the headlines , but at least he got this right !

http://www.insidethegames.biz/sport...st-of-international-olympic-committee-members

Today @gaudryt catching up on the Tweets after 2 days of Aigle !

When IOC see the progress , will they be tempted to offer Brian the seat , instead of Judo ?

On 23rd Sept Brian DMed a tweet , which i did not see until y/day , i do not use DM so as a result i apologise for ignoring those who have used this facility ! Prefer old fashioned email as 140char too difficult at times ?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
Like I said in the other thread I can't see it. Andrew McQuaid represents many riders like Roche, Stannard, Kennaugh, Phinney, Deignan, etc, and I don't think that will be effected by this. Darach's company was involved in the worlds going to the US in 2015. The will remain in the sport with some influence.

Corrected

Darch McQuaid was selling trek bikes in pubs in Dublin.

Ann Higgins anger in her tweets seems to point to that without Pat being in charge their little house of cards crumbles.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I guess Andrew sold his business model on being well connected. That connection has been terminated. He was not the smartest, selling trek bikes in pubs in Dublin is hardly showing his business savy.

Ann Higgins anger in her tweets seems to point to that without Pat being in charge their little house of cards crumbles.

That was Darach, not Andrew.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Corrected

Darch McQuaid was selling trek bikes in pubs in Dublin.

Plenty of agents in sports are successful when someone in their family isn't in the hierachy of the sport's governing body.

He has young riders like Sam Bennett, Simon Yates, and Gavin Mannion who will all probably end up at WT level shortly. His Trinity Sports group seems set up for the future. He could even have a GT winner in Porte next year for all we know.

That's just family sticking up for one another.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
Plenty of agents in sports are successful when someone in their family isn't in the hierachy of the sport's governing body.

He has young riders like Sam Bennett, Simon Yates, and Gavin Mannion who will all probably end up at WT level shortly. His Trinity Sports group seems set up for the future. He could even have a GT winner in Porte next year for all we know.

Well time will tell.

gooner said:
That's just family sticking up for one another.

I dont think so. That was like watching another cat walk in a take all the cream away reaction.

Benotti69 said:
No more lots of things, hence Ann Higgins anger.

And you know the smart thing to do would be to just go away to keep the fraud, corruption secrets quiet.

He could promote a gran fondo or three using all the relationships he has with dictators, despots and royal families. Gran Fondo Belarus anyone?

Though, I'd rather see the comedy gold of the McQuaid empire try to reclaim some power/glory.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
And you know the smart thing to do would be to just go away to keep the fraud, corruption secrets quiet.

He could promote a gran fondo or three using all the relationships he has with dictators, despots and royal families. Gran Fondo Belarus anyone?

Though, I'd rather see the comedy gold of the McQuaid empire try to reclaim some power/glory.

I am not sure dictators, despots and royal families would entertain him now he is powerless. These people don't make 'friends' and as McQuaid is no longer of 'use' to them he will no longer receive the invitations.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I am sure Makarov and McQuaid will get along fine at that race.

McQuaid wouldn't have the balls to turn up and as his expenses are no longer covered by UCI he wont as that means paying his own way.

TRENDING THREADS