• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mc Quaid " dumped "?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
plus 1 to cookson for this move, especially for providing long overdue transparency, although he couldve won me over completely had he gone down to say 200k.

sniper said:
plus 1 to cookson for this move, especially for providing long overdue transparency, although he couldve won me over completely had he gone down to say 200k.

Remember that is salary.

McQuaid also had a fairly healthy benefits package. Which included housing and subsistence. Be interested to know if Cookson took this with him as well.

But agree it’s a good gesture.

I wonder if Hein is still getting paid? :rolleyes:

Netserk said:
lol. He is still getting paid more than the Danish prime minister...

Obama is on 400USD. So McQuaid was earning more than the leader of the free world.

But Cookson is earning more the David Cameron. About 100k GBP more.

We all know president of cycling is much harder to do than running a entire country :rolleyes:

Upon stepping down as Prime Minister Gordon Brown nobly took a pay cut for Cameron, with PM pay going from £194,000 to £150,000.Having set up his pre election pledge to cut ministerial salaries by 5% Cameron was then forced to take his own salary down to a humble £142,000.

Edit: I think income tax is around 20-25% in Switzerland. So he's doin' ok.

thehog said:
Obama is on 400USD. So McQuaid was earning more than the leader of the free world.

But Cookson is earning more the David Cameron. About 100k GBP more.

We all know president of cycling is much harder to do than running a entire country :rolleyes:

Edit: I think income tax is around 20-25% in Switzerland. So he's doin' ok.

If he got no pay as PM Cameron would still not be short of a bob or two

skippy said:
Now reported that phat was collecting CHF450k each year , for the time he spent digging UCI into a hole !

Cookson is reported to be accepting CHF340k , as he attempts to create an environment where UCI will be respected !

Seems to be a case of being GOOD , will be cheaper ?

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENe...s/UCI/UCI7/layout.asp?MenuId=MTI2Mjc&LangId=1

If Cookson gets to work and executes well, that money will be seen as a solid investment.

So show us you are worth it, Cookson.

thehog said:
Do you type with a glass of whisky in one hand?

You make literally no sense.

It is an idiom, it means he would still have loadsamoney

loadsamoney_2286530b.jpg

TRENDING THREADS