• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

McQuaid: Landis and Hamilton are Not Heroes.

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Arnout said:
I don't know if this already surfaced on this forum, but couldn't find it. As I mentioned a few days ago in one or two threads, I was very happy with the reaction of Marcel Winters, chairman of the Dutch cycling federation, that he wanted an investigation in the UCI and clarification of the matters touched upon in the USADA report.

Pat McQuaid was asked about this in the press conference on Monday afternoon, I think in a one-to-one interview afterwards. His reaction: "Let the head of the Dutch cycling federation look after Dutch cycling. I am elected to be head of cycling worldwide and I will continue to do that".

http://pauwenwitteman.vara.nl/Fragm...d]=116&cHash=5cd6fa3d8200e263ce85d2a07d7047a9 approximately 1:50 - 2:03.

I knew the UCI was bad, but it's such a pity that we're at a point that could be a turning point and the UCI is doing everything to stop it :(

ya thanks for sharing the video clip ,,,,,
that was pretty rude for Mcquak to make more silly remarks .
from here on in , its predictable .

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Arnout said:
Pat McQuaid was asked about this in the press conference on Monday afternoon, I think in a one-to-one interview afterwards. His reaction: "Let the head of the Dutch cycling federation look after Dutch cycling. I am elected to be head of cycling worldwide and I will continue to do that".

I knew the UCI was bad, but it's such a pity that we're at a point that could be a turning point and the UCI is doing everything to stop it :(

I seem to remember that the "election" was a little one sided, dare i say it, rigged to guarantee McQuaid's appointment.

ultimobici said:
I seem to remember that the "election" was a little one sided, dare i say it, rigged to guarantee McQuaid's appointment.

Isn't there something poetic in breaking rules to appoint your hand-picked candidate to head of the UCI, while also breaking the rules to pay him in the process?

Something poetic about Pat's breaking the rules to ride in SA for money, then his claiming he didn't go pro because of the doping?

Even more poetic in appointing Heinie as President for life?

Makes you think that when Lance says "This f**king jersey's mine", and cheats his way to try and assure that, he is merely following well-established example.

Dave.

McQuaid is a ****, many did what Tyler and Floyd did, they lied they did all they could to get off, but not many then did right thing and confessed, yes they tried make money out of it but why not if your going go out go out with a bang especially when lance is out to get you.

TRENDING THREADS