• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

McQuaid tells the truth(admits to his given name)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
huahaha.
great stuff. thanks for the link.
Finucane putting buckets of sweat on Pats forehead.
Pat stuttering his way out of this.
goodness me, he sounds small there.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
QS: "Are you glad that Paul Kimmage and David Walsh kept on digging and that the truth about Armstrong eventually came out?"
huahuhahahwhahahawhaa.
lovely.
Pat also in trouble trying to deny he himself used doping.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Re:

frenchfry said:
I can't believe this scumbag was actually head of the UCI. He has obviously practiced all his lies, but the interviewer doesn't let him get away with much.

And she doesn't really know the scene, she is Ireland's foremost lady for a chat, she is government agent, deep cover and all that, but a couple of glasses of wine and it's blown. The way she questioned him, it says he is dead in the water and persona non grata. When she is having a chat with a friend it can be difficult to listen, the fawning, oh dear. But this was delicious to hear. It will be interesting to find out if either Paul or David are friends of hers?

Wow, Marian Finucane is good! She puts McQuaid on the spot, and he barfs out a bunch of words, hoping she would get confused and move to another topic. I guess McQuaid thought this was going to be a softball interview. Can you imagine if Armstrong did his "confession" with Marian instead of Oprah? LoL

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
indeed.
and she's spot on when she asks him why ffs he's always stubbornly on the defense, why he doesn't grow some balls and simply admit that he made some awful mistakes.
Public opinion would be milder on Pat if he took her advice on this.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
PhatPat thrashed: "if you brought 7 year old ... (and tell him you were suspicious about LA and did extra testing etc. - while accepting money from him for antidoping) ... he would laugh at you"

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

DirtyWorks said:
Wow. Just impressive. Still trying to sell the same nonsense.

Like all the other times, change your story and pretend the other stuff didn't happen.

Nepotism, Collusion, Corruption, Favoritism, Morally Corrupt Lawyers, Cover-ups, Denials, Deception, Lies, Lawsuits, Backhanders, Brown Envelopes.........????

Re:

frenchfry said:
I can't believe this scumbag was actually head of the UCI. He has obviously practiced all his lies, but the interviewer doesn't let him get away with much.

Believe it my friend. I totally agree with you, I'm still surprised an imbecile like McQuack can be the head of a doping federation.

Fascinating interview on a lot of levels, not the least of which was learning good ol' Pat McQuaid and Sean Kelly were banned from Olympic participation because they defied orders not to race in South Africa.
McQuaid's explanation for racing in South Africa was as follows: "There were no racing days leading up to the Olympics."
Oppression be damned, said Pat. Me and Sean Kelly needed to get in some training miles.
My only criticism of the interviewer is when she interrupts McQuaid to say there is no evidence of doping in rugby.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
the delgados said:
Fascinating interview on a lot of levels, not the least of which was learning good ol' Pat McQuaid and Sean Kelly were banned from Olympic participation because they defied orders not to race in South Africa.
McQuaid's explanation for racing in South Africa was as follows: "There were no racing days leading up to the Olympics."
Oppression be damned, said Pat. Me and Sean Kelly needed to get in some training miles.
My only criticism of the interviewer is when she interrupts McQuaid to say there is no evidence of doping in rugby.
exactly, that was odd.
i first thought she was being cynical, but she meant it. #blinders?

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
the delgados said:

Except the SA races were in October / November, and the Olympics were still over 8 months away (opening July 17th).

It was a completely BS excuse.

Irish here - and I have been alluding to this on twitter - rugby doping issues - I have been told about doping at academy level - I also believe it's a big issue - and kimmage has done a number of pieces on it in the last six months - the advantages to doping in rugby are huge - to think that Ireland would be any different on this issue is stupid and naïve.

How Cian Healy reacted to kimmage says it all - even if, for argument sake, none of these guys have doped, I refuse to accept that they have never encountered it or heard about it...especially when we see Laurent Benezech's book on French rugby doping.

Then again a few years ago Roche said he never saw, heard or talked about doping.....a pro cyclist never talked about doping...sure thing.

TRENDING THREADS