• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 119 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
was hard done by.

the mods should have offered me any benefit of doubt.

if i was telling armchair climber to stop raining on my parade. i was telling the climber to quit the precipitation and stop talking $hit, nothing wrong with that. Then i get slapped with two back to back bans, it really was quite a w@nk. Now i read you cannot even complain about getting banned. ok, off to the gulag for me.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Wonder why Dear Wiggo edited out this portion of Benson's exchange with @retardraceradio?

Daniel Benson
‏@dnlbenson
@RetardRaceRadio you're top of the list, right?
https://twitter.com/dnlbenson/status/636535130807472128

Maybe because it did not support his ridiculous conspiracy theory?

It is time for some here to take responsibility for their actions. Some of you have been banned almost 30 times. Seldom are the bans for interactions with me but for consent trolling and baiting dozens of other posters.

Like many others I seldom post here anymore and doubt I will post much in the future. Despite me not being here some of you guys will continue to get banned. It will be due to your own actions, not mine.

I supposed I should be flattered by the odd obsession some of you have with me, but do not expect anyone else to be. Most observers see this stalking as odd.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Race Radio said:
Wonder why Dear Wiggo edited out this portion of Benson's exchange with @retardraceradio?

Daniel Benson
‏@dnlbenson

Mods: I feel this information is pertinent to the thread and the inflammatory language used by RaceRadio warrants a factual response. That's what I am seeking to provide, and this ends the line of discussion for me.

Yes, I missed that part of that thread, as my image was a retweet.

You left out the time difference between when Benson first responded as if you and he were old banning buddies, and when you finally got around to alerting him to the gross faux pas he had made. Or perhaps he noticed some time later himself. Either way, he was clearly fooled for 90 minutes. That's enough to convince me he thought it was you.

COrIT2OUwAAA2G3.png:large

Race Radio said:

Daniel Benson
‏@dnlbenson

It is time for some here to take responsibility for their actions. Some of you have been banned almost 30 times. Seldom are the bans for interactions with me but for consent trolling and baiting dozens of other posters.

Like many others I seldom post here anymore and doubt I will post much in the future. Despite me not being here some of you guys will continue to get banned. It will be due to your own actions, not mine.

I supposed I should be flattered by the odd obsession some of you have with me, but do not expect anyone else to be. Most observers see this stalking as odd.

Wow. You have a lot of nerve.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Mods: I feel this information is pertinent to the thread and the inflammatory language used by RaceRadio warrants a factual response. That's what I am seeking to provide, and this ends the line of discussion for me.
[/quote]

Inflammatory language? Have you read the rest of this thread? You guys have been smearing me with invented nonsense non-stop.

Not my fault that once again one of your elaborate conspiracy theories fell apart. Since you like seem to like dates and times I checked my emails, last time I email Benson was almost 15 months ago. Have not talked to him or seen him for over 2 years.

The idea that I am responsible for trolls being banned is just absurd. Please explain how I got someone banned 25 times? Or how I got someone banned when I was not even on the forum for months? I am using ESP?

Seriously, give it a rest.

'Thanks for proving' my point will eventually be in the dictionary as 'response given when you've just been owned by someone else.'

'I've not been on here much lately I've been studying for the bar' or Sorry you don't know the law, it's not my problem' is the new way of letting everyone, who didn't even ask, that you've just become a lawyer.

Yes...huge losses to the clinic.

The anger of the latter, which was allowed continue by the mods, was amusing in the end.

As for the tailwind discussion - we talk of clogging - that thread is infamous...and to add insult to injury, he was back in July trying to squirm his way out of what he said in 2013.
I couldn't care less whether i'm banned or not - when I see the favouritism which was extended to Race above, then you get the forum you deserve.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Digger said:
'Thanks for proving' my point will eventually be in the dictionary as 'response given when you've just been owned by someone else.'

'I've not been on here much lately I've been studying for the bar' or Sorry you don't know the law, it's not my problem' is the new way of letting everyone, who didn't even ask, that you've just become a lawyer.

The anger of the latter, which was allowed continue by the mods, was amusing in the end.

As for the tailwind discussion - we talk of clogging - that thread is infamous...and to add insult to injury, he was back in July trying to squirm his way out of what he said in 2013.
I couldn't care less whether i'm banned or not - when I see the favouritism which was extended to Race above, then you get the forum you deserve.

'I couldn't care less whether I'm banned or not' will eventually be in the dictionary as 'response given when frustration borne from a lack of attention descends into the inevitable "LOOK AT ME!!" '

But I'll agree that reading your anger filled posts is nothing if not amusing.

Re: Re:

Scott SoCal said:
Digger said:

'I couldn't care less whether I'm banned or not' will eventually be in the dictionary as 'response given when frustration borne from a lack of attention descends into the inevitable "LOOK AT ME!!" '

But I'll agree that reading your anger filled posts is nothing if not amusing.

You have to admit the tailwind thread was hilarious. It was a great example of a person who made a statement then had no idea how to back themselves out of it. So then decided to pretend it was black & white, aggressively shouting anyone down who provided an alternate view.

Now 'tailwind' is intentet slang for a suspicious performance. So some good came out of the buffoonery!

I think R gets caught up with his internet alter ego, pretending to be the source of all things inside cycling. Perhaps humility would go someway to restoring the lost credibility.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:

Daniel Benson
‏@dnlbenson

Why did it take Benson over an hour to post that final tweet??????????

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

blackcat said:
was hard done by.

if i was telling armchair climber to stop raining on my parade. i was telling the climber to quit the precipitation and stop talking $hit, nothing wrong with that. Then i get slapped with two back to back bans, it really was quite a w@nk. Now i read you cannot even complain about getting banned. ok, of to the gulag for me.

Welcome back BC. :cool:

Some comments have been removed because they were directly related to the posting of Private Messages to the open forum.

Please refrain from sharing/posting PM's.

Any PM's that get posted to the open forum will be removed with potential action carried out by forum staff.

Please respect the topic at hand and post accordingly.

Love the way people are moaning about their friends / long term acquaintances being banned recently. Rules are rules - abide by them (and certainly after warnings) or post elsewhere. They knew the rules and broke them, therefore a ban shouldn't be surprising.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
blackcat said:
was hard done by.

if i was telling armchair climber to stop raining on my parade. i was telling the climber to quit the precipitation and stop talking $hit, nothing wrong with that. Then i get slapped with two back to back bans, it really was quite a w@nk. Now i read you cannot even complain about getting banned. ok, of to the gulag for me.

Welcome back BC. :cool:

thnx 69,

ur appreciation of my talents matters. had to edit the post to off to the gulag for me

#Poeslaw

Bernie's eyesore's ban for 1 week was good moderation. It was open trolling without contribution. I would never ask for a ban but this time around it worked well as the rest got on with the debate and he/she was removed from a good discussion.

Glenn_Wilson said:
red_flanders said:
The Hitch said:
To be fair to Benson, I thought his tweet was just a generic response to show he is still involved in the running of this forum.

Agreed, seemed obvious. Conspiracies abound.
Yeah I would disagree with you on this but hey that would not be much of a surprise. :D

I'm definitely not saying there wasn't lobbying for people to get banned, let's definitely be clear about that. I just don't think this was an example of it.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

red_flanders said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
red_flanders said:
The Hitch said:
To be fair to Benson, I thought his tweet was just a generic response to show he is still involved in the running of this forum.

Yeah I would disagree with you on this but hey that would not be much of a surprise. :D

I'm definitely not saying there wasn't lobbying for people to get banned, let's definitely be clear about that. I just don't think this was an example of it.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that tweet and the response was an example of someone lobbying for banning.

It was a parody account tricking Benson into responding personally to show an apparent relationship between the two, where discussion of banning people at FakeRR's (impersonating RR) request were met rationally and positively.

The simplest way to disprove this could have been for someone else to do the same, but clearly this is no longer an option.

Does ANYONE else have experience in suggesting action is required with something to do with the forum and having tweeted Benson about it, had a response?

Dear Wiggo said:
red_flanders said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
red_flanders said:
The Hitch said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that tweet and the response was an example of someone lobbying for banning.

It was a parody account tricking Benson into responding personally to show an apparent relationship between the two, where discussion of banning people at FakeRR's (impersonating RR) request were met rationally and positively.

The simplest way to disprove this could have been for someone else to do the same, but clearly this is no longer an option.

Does ANYONE else have experience in suggesting action is required with something to do with the forum and having tweeted Benson about it, had a response?
I haven't personally dealt with it, but I do know that the most extreme of the insulting threads that sprung up about Giorgia Bronzini in 2010 were closed after a direct appeal from some site users to Benson, not through the usual post reporting methods. The nuclear option was taken swiftly and directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS