• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 120 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

del1962 said:
I see Jimmy is banned for not being assimilated by the clinic borg , seems like the mods don't like dissent
Yes, that's what it was...

Look, I'm not saying it's wrong that Jimmy got frustrated by what was going on, but let's not pretend it's one-way traffic. Sure, Martinvickers, Joachim and mastersracer all got the nuclear option taken, but frankly they were much more clearly there to derail, bait and insult. Mastersracer even tried to pull the "I was working you guys, I'm doing a study into Sky sceptics' responses and you guys are just proving my points and I'm winning" card from every wind-up merchant's first day on the Internet. There have also been a large number of - just like in the Armstrong days - deliberate troll accounts set up to post pro-Sky talking points with the intention of stirring up the Clinic antipathy via confrontational posting, so that it can be derided as the conspiracy theorists' haven it often becomes. Jimmy is typically a more discursive poster, who at least attempts to back up what they're saying and has stayed more civil and tranquillo than most on "his side" of the "us & them" dynamic that's been created. However, Jimmy's also just come off a ban, which will affect how his actions are seen.

But are you not forgetting how long Hog has just been benched for? Blackcat, one of the main users of the "Empire crew" term, has sat out two stretches as long as Jimmy in the last few weeks. Sniper is currently on a long-term vacation, having sat out most of August, a week in early September and then is now out until Christmas.

A thread which had a perfectly valid point (British media and athletes set up "holier than thou" arrogant narrative suggesting national character is somehow stronger regarding doping than other nations, relentless attacks on this narrative as arrogant and hypocritical - which it is - lead to persecution complexes such as the one you're showing in the post I'm replying to) degenerated into mudslinging and some extremely flimsy pretexts leading to arguments, became a pretty useless thread by the end as the actual valid points were long since forgotten. Arguments led to a poster losing their rag and getting banned.

If it was only about banning people for not being assimilated by the Borg, you'd have been banned before Jimmy was.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
The usual clinic "lot" are appalling . Soon as anyone disagrees they insult judge and give a holier than thou attitude that is smug arrogant and almost bullying and for most of the time they get away with it without getting a ban. Others get bans for far less. They play a good game [ not getting banned] but that does not make it right if other posters get banned for less.
They pretend they know everything yet most of them spend most of their time on this site and I doubt have even been on a bike or could do a one pull up.
Its not that I disagree with a lot of their views, its their pure smugness and general attitude. To me they are just a bunch of lonely fat bloke's sitting at home without a life and spending far to much time on this site and others.

They should take up a healthy hobby like cycling :D

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
ray j willings said:
The usual clinic "lot" are appalling . Soon as anyone disagrees they insult judge and give a holier than thou attitude that is smug arrogant and almost bullying and for most of the time they get away with it without getting a ban. Others get bans for far less. They play a good game [ not getting banned] but that does not make it right if other posters get banned for less.
They pretend they know everything yet most of them spend most of their time on this site and I doubt have even been on a bike or could do a one pull up.
Its not that I disagree with a lot of their views, its their pure smugness and general attitude. To me they are just a bunch of lonely fat bloke's sitting at home without a life and spending far to much time on this site and others.

Spot on, as soon as you dare to write a comment that questions what they say you are accused of trolling, I've even experienced hard words in the past that affected my self esteem. Such actions are despicable and are should clearly be against the rules yet they get away with it. It is clear that in this forum some members are favored by the mods.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If one's self esteem if affected by a forum and a sporting related one at that, things are problematic and need to be dealt with away from forums.

Re: disagreeable

ebandit said:
.......and disagreed with many.......only in hyper hyperbole mode does the clinic

have a universal voice....................

Mark L

If the clinic has a universal voice then it is that BE is with that voice (he agrees Froome dopes, he agrees Radcliffe dopes, he agrees Bolt dopes, he agrees Contador and Nibali and Valverde dope)

If it doesn't have a universal voice then what is del complaining about?

Either way, del, as usual in his whining about posters being banned, doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Ramon Koran said:
ray j willings said:

Spot on, as soon as you dare to write a comment that questions what they say you are accused of trolling, I've even experienced hard words in the past that affected my self esteem. Such actions are despicable and are should clearly be against the rules yet they get away with it. It is clear that in this forum some members are favored by the mods.

Jimmy was trolling.

This has been confirmed by the mods who banned him "for trolling".

So if anyone accused jimmy of trolling, they would have been.....

spot on.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Ramon Koran said:
ray j willings said:

Jimmy was trolling.

This has been confirmed by the mods who banned him "for trolling".

So if anyone accused jimmy of trolling, they would have been.....

spot on.
Yes, however I am talking about the systematic accusations towards anyone who dares question some clinic posters posts, this needs to be stoped its bad for the forum, for the members and just bad on the whole.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ray j willings said:

Hey are you trying to say the dirty dozen is fat guys who don't exercise?

ray j willings said:

Ray-Jay......going thermo nuclear on the clinic :eek:

as the saying goes.....if you can't handle the heat, stay outta the kitchen!

imho the clinic is best observed from the sidelines....good for a laugh from time to time
i must admit
there are some very knowledgeable posters with some impressive contributions though

plenty of other sections on the forum to mingle amongst
pick yah poison

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I am happy to mingle in the clinic. Time after time they have chucked the toys at me and I just throw them back.
If they "clinic lot" are so smart they should not have to resort to the cheap comments and jibes, they seem to be able to get away with it yet others get a ban. They "clinic lot" do this time after time" Go look at the snide comments and jibes they said about me after I gave my opinon's on Bolt. Their computers must have needed a service after to wipe away the froth foaming from their mouths :D [ Humour is it allowed? ]
They " the clinic lot" obviously get so worked up, its funny if it was not a little bit sad.

IMO bans should only be given for threatening or abusive behaviour.
If someone [man, woman or clinic lot] go's on the Bertie thread and posts that Contador is rubbish, then let him. It may be trolling/baiting but its not worth a ban and no ones has been hurt.
We do have a choice. respond or not and if we do respond then it's " how we respond"
But that's not worth a ban IMO. I feel like I am walking on eggshells most of the time.

Keep the rules simple and it will be a even playing field for all even the "clinic lot"

ray j willings said:
I am happy to mingle in the clinic. Time after time they have chucked the toys at me and I just throw them back.
If they "clinic lot" are so smart they should not have to resort to the cheap comments and jibes, they seem to be able to get away with it yet others get a ban.

........stick in ray.......things here are now so much better.........most of the really difficult

clinic mega posters are long gone.............and those that remain are checked by more

effective rules / moderation

Mark L

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
ray j willings said:

You're just bitter the fat boys dont want to mingle with your kind, you know, the knowledgeable jocks.

And I dissagree with Jimmie's ban too.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ray j willings said:
If they "clinic lot" are so smart they should not have to resort to the cheap comments and jibes, they seem to be able to get away with it yet others get a ban. They "clinic lot" do this time after time" Go look at the snide comments and jibes they said about me after I gave my opinon's on Bolt. Their computers must have needed a service after to wipe away the froth foaming from their mouths :D [ Humour is it allowed? ]
They " the clinic lot" obviously get so worked up, its funny if it was not a little bit sad.

IMO bans should only be given for threatening or abusive behaviour.
If someone [man, woman or clinic lot] go's on the Bertie thread and posts that Contador is rubbish, then let him. It may be trolling/baiting but its not worth a ban and no ones has been hurt.
We do have a choice. respond or not and if we do respond then it's " how we respond"
But that's not worth a ban IMO. I feel like I am walking on eggshells most of the time.

Keep the rules simple and it will be a even playing field for all even the "clinic lot"
You got to get the lingo correct or else the dirty dozen will come after you even harder.

You think the dirty dozen are on the Budweiser Racing Team?

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I am bitter , why for the love of humanity won't hitch and his mates give me some love :D
Is there any truth in the rumours that the dirty dozen dress in black cycling gear and ride up and down alp d huez doped up to there eyeballs?

I hope they don't sabotage the pro gear thread :D

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Still without a clue why I was banned, I said nothing worse than was being said to me, and no real idea of which post exactly transformed me into a 'troll', a highly ambiguous, lazy term which in no way reflects my intentions in these forums.

Re:

JimmyFingers said:
Still without a clue why I was banned, I said nothing worse than was being said to me, and no real idea of which post exactly transformed me into a 'troll', a highly ambiguous, lazy term which in no way reflects my intentions in these forums.

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you. I sometimes disagree with what you say, but you always seem to come across in a respectful manner.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Cheers, and I'm at peace. Despite two emails and a PM to the mod that banned me I still at an utter lost why I was banned, and termed a troll which I consider to be very insulting. I did not troll, I debated and defended my position and had personal jibes thrown my way and yet I was the one who was banned. Seems some can insult and deride other posters and some of us can't.

Re:

JimmyFingers said:
Cheers, and I'm at peace. Despite two emails and a PM to the mod that banned me I still at an utter lost why I was banned, and termed a troll which I consider to be very insulting. I did not troll, I debated and defended my position and had personal jibes thrown my way and yet I was the one who was banned. Seems some can insult and deride other posters and some of us can't.

Welcome Jimmy, we are brothers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS