• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 140 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

StryderHells said:
Valv.Piti said:
Why do you applaud bans? What is there to gain by doing this other than looking a little silly?

Since its a appreciation/depreciation thread, I figured I would throw it out there. I do not care for one second what people think about me and I have obviously nothing to gain, but Miburo has been on me throughout the Tour and afterwards, trolling/baiting/harassing. I normally respect Miburo and his passion, but he has went over the line recently, getting personal with me pretty much all of the time

Valv.Piti said:
StryderHells said:
Valv.Piti said:
Why do you applaud bans? What is there to gain by doing this other than looking a little silly?

Since its a appreciation/depreciation thread, I figured I would throw it out there. I do not care for one second what people think about me and I have obviously nothing to gain, but Miburo has been on me throughout the Tour and afterwards, trolling/baiting/harassing. I normally respect Miburo and his passion, but he has went over the line recently, getting personal with me pretty much all of the time

Okay then we'll that's fair enough, I shouldn't of been making the comment without knowing the history.

thehog said:
Spud is racking up the bans, so is Kwiki. They are good posters at times except when they go into the double act rountine and let themselves down. Wish they just post normally.

I depreciate my ban - no warning, and (I assume) based on one post (that I can think of). Anyway, ban served - I'll try and be more careful in future.

TheSpud said:
thehog said:
Spud is racking up the bans, so is Kwiki. They are good posters at times except when they go into the double act rountine and let themselves down. Wish they just post normally.

I depreciate my ban - no warning, and (I assume) based on one post (that I can think of). Anyway, ban served - I'll try and be more careful in future.
What makes you think that your required a warning before you get banned? There's no requirement that mods have to warn people before they're banned.

FYI: People that have multiple bans and warnings on their profile receive no warning before being banned.

Irondan said:
TheSpud said:
thehog said:

What makes you think that your required a warning before you get banned? There's no requirement that mods have to warn people before they're banned.

FYI: People that have multiple bans and warnings on their profile receive no warning before being banned.

Without wishing to get in to a fight (public or otherwise) I believe the times I have been banned I have received a warning first (often I've failed to see that warning and so couldn't modify my posting behaviour and subsequently ended up banned) - that is why I was a little surprised. Also the 'depreciate' comment was a half tongue in cheek response to Hog as we do seem to like to comment on each others bans. :)

This wasn't a moan and I consider the case closed, etc. and will engage brain before keyboard more in future.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Sniper is banned for a week for off topic posting in the Froome data thread after being warned.

Jeoren Swart gets a pass in that thread for being a sports scientist?

He has done much name calling as any in the Froome data thread?

Never mind obfuscating and belittling posters!

Re:

Benotti69 said:
Sniper is banned for a week for off topic posting in the Froome data thread after being warned.

Who says he got a pass?

I warned everyone in that thread that any off topic comments would be met with a ban, which sniper ignored. He got exactly what was promised. If Swart posted off topic after my warning then he would have been banned, as well as you or anyone else.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:

I don't know if he got a pass or not. But he can be rude and talk down to folks I know that.

Just today had someone talk down to me on the data thread area.

Irondan I understand you did not want to rehash the HR monitor issue. I just get a kick out of it and thought it was funny thus why I made the post.

Re:

King Boonen said:
Did anyone actually report the posts of Jeroen that they had a problem with? If you didn't you can't exactly complain about him getting a pass.

Lots of people talk down to people all over the forum Glenn. Again, if you have a problem with it report it.

I don't see JS talking down to anyone. His posts have been most normal. He's close to his data and subject, he wants to defend it. I see no offence in anything he has written. I'd prefer he was here providing his insight and side than not.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

King Boonen said:
Did anyone actually report the posts of Jeroen that they had a problem with? If you didn't you can't exactly complain about him getting a pass.

Lots of people talk down to people all over the forum Glenn. Again, if you have a problem with it report it.
Thanks for the advice.

thehog said:
King Boonen said:

I don't see JS talking down to anyone. His posts have been most normal. He's close to his data and subject, he wants to defend it. I see no offence in anything he has written. I'd prefer he was here providing his insight and side than not.

I don't know if he did or not, the thread is now a complete mess, it was just a general observation that it happens a lot on here, I'm sure I've been guilty of it in the past too.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Glenn_Wilson said:
I guess the folks who were baiting aphronesis were able to get the job done.

....yup saw that one early as a potential problem....and darn if it didn't blossom into one....that was a real master class in trolling.....here is hoping that everyone involved in that incident pays the appropriate price....

Cheers

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

blutto said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
I guess the folks who were baiting aphronesis were able to get the job done.

....yup saw that one early as a potential problem....and darn if it didn't blossom into one....that was a real master class in trolling.....here is hoping that everyone involved in that incident pays the appropriate price....

Cheers

Oh really? I quoted Scott, picking up his topic. Nothing to do with aphronesis at all. No reference to him, nor was he any part of the conversation.

But looked what happened...he popped up, called me "senile", "a wan***", implied that I was drunk, and asked me if I was incontinent.

Nasty piece of work. Deserves a far longer ban. You three are very well practised in your bully boy techniques, but it looks like you've been found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS