• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Memorable quotations.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A few from the "Contador's Head" thread. Funniest thread on the Forum.
:D :D :D

Originally Post by D-Queued:

Originally Posted by hrotha
The problem is this is very unscientific. Even if you get perfect mug shots, there's not much we can discuss.

This is the clinic, and this thread could easily go 1,000 posts. Even more if it were about the shape of Armstrong's head.

Dave.

Originally Posted by Scribe
His head is the clearest evidence (aside from the positive control) this guy is doped to the gills.

Originally Posted by El Pistolero
Post a picture of your head. I'm sure we can all call you weird looking as well and clearly because of taking all the dope.

Originally Posted by Polyarmour
Alberto Contador walks into a bar.
Bartender says: "So why the long face?"...

Originally Posted by goggalor
Quote:
Originally Posted by function
If you think you need dope to have veins showing on your legs, you need to ride more and stare at pictures on the internet less. Even more so if you think Cameron Diaz' physique is a sign of doping...

You know, you can ride 6 hours a day if you want and still have lots of time left for staring at pictures on the Internet.

This was very funny at the time..it still kinda is.

Wallace said:
It's impossible to compare the two because Lance in his prime was on such a huge amount of drugs--so much more than riders can take today, what with the bio-passport and all. Today riders have to micro-dose and work around the testers. In Lance's prime, you could take all the drugs you wanted, whenever you wanted. Ah, those were the days... If you put Contador on the program Lance was on in his prime, it would be like watching a bicycle duct-taped to the space shuttle go up the alps. You have to factor all that in when figuring out which one is the most talented.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
tumblr_m2zqokxltq1qzcv7no1_500.png

zebedee said:
How many people have been arrested in the UK for suspected criminality around sport doping?

and the next post

Freddythefrog said:
Stop trying to stir !

Sean Yates retired because he was "ill".

Shane moved because he had to concentrate on the track and anyway he had a bump on the head and cannot remember anything about his days at ANC Halfords with Malcolm Elliott. He knows nothing about that nice Rob Hayles.

St David runs absolution classes for anyone being tempted by the dark side, with his tales of "one single moment of madness can ruin your life for ever - let me tell you what happened at 4.35 pm on a single afternoon in my life in 2003. There I was, I had nearly won the 2001 World TT champs but I had never even heard of the phrase EPO let alone thought about using it when all of a sudden.....".

And Super-Dave tells us everyone is so clean that they make white sheets, that have never been slept on and are still in the packet, look dirty, so there is nobody to arrest. Fran confirms these stories for us.

It is just that simple. We are not like your dirty cheating johnny foreigner.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hitch, usually more of a serious poster - at least in my experience - posted this gem:

JRanton said:
Great pic. I think I saw Machado's girlfriend (?) absolutely screaming at him on Malhao as he was drifting back towards the pack after initially going with Henao and Rui Costa. Felt a bit sorry for him.

The Hitch said:
Why, was she not that hot?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
From today's Giro stage thread:

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Intermediate sprints coming up now - presumably Cav will nip out and take the last point in each.

TourOfSardinia said:
two points in fact

JRanton said:
Are you sure? Surely it's 5,4,3,2,1 for the first five over the line?

Netserk said:
8 points for first rider no?

Cyivel said:
Yep, 8 6 4 3 2 1

Waterloo Sunrise said:
They use the same sprints for 2 different competitions, with 2 different point scales.

Italy is a simple and efficient country.

:D

vrusimov said:
My friend, you seem to love sticking your head in the cement mixer. I'm afraid it will only continue in its circular capacities and it will only continue to harden against you. You will convince no one to the contrary where opinion is set against Mr. Froome. The "defiant circus tent" is not set against you but your quarrel with it will certainly elicit a commensurate response likely laced with peculiar pejoratives and polemic pronouncements proffered precisely to perturb your propensities to wax perspicuous on all matters pertaining to the Sky. But you are welcome to persist.;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Talking about Cadel Evans of course....

Mrs John Murphy said:
Cyclist says something stupid about doping. In other news, bears found ****ting in the woods and Pope revealed to be Catholic.

Now, if the interviewer had stamped on the squeaky voiced junkie's dog...

baring in mind descender is Spanish.
Taxus4a said:
Descender said:
The number of native speakers of Portuguese is, according to the Nationalencyklopedin, 204 million. According to the Ethnologue it's 202 million. Wikipedia claims 210-215 million. The number of inhabitants of the state of Brazil is 194 million, according to official figures.

If you have other sources with other numbers, by all means show them to me.

I live where castellano started, Castilla (Castleland) Kingdon
Castellanois the same that spanish, but the real name is castellano, we have in spain another spanish lenguages as well, but just castellano is official in all the country, and we call it spanish. It is a lenguage official as well in most of America, except USA, Canada, Brazil, and some little more countries.

Portuguese is the lenguaje of Portugal, and that countries you said: Brazil, Angola, Mozambiqe,...

Portuguese is not an spanish lenguage.
most of portuguese use to know spanish, but we dont.

In Spain, Galizia and Asturias, has his own lenguage, similar to portuguese, but they are spanish lenguages, nor portuguese...

jens_attacks said:
you have to wait until 2100ish or something.always said that the races of the clones will be the best racing yet. Clone all the best racers of mankind history and make a tour de france with them. Those generations of fans will be some lucky baztards..

merckx vs coppi vs hinault vs indurain vs armstrong vs pantani vs gaul vs bahamontes vs ricco vs contador vs ocana vs bartali.......

imagine how many polls of cyclingnews forum will be answered then

TRENDING THREADS