• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Menchov

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
When I see Menchov get dqd from all these races part of me thinks of all the hot shot tennis players, football stars, track and field athletes who still get to say they won those events when its clear if cycling was still so messed up in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 after all these years of doping publicity, after the blood passport and all that, then there is no way there werent plenty of winners doping in those sports too.

Justico said:
Now that Froome is out Cookson is storming the castle?

check his statement today :

the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 3h

Brian Cookson on dopers "sooner or later you will be destroyed. We will catch you & your reputation will be in the bin" in @cycling_podcast

does sound like a warning to the great champions fighting TdF now :D everything to make Richie the winner lol

But meanwhile, the lying liars of the UCI will lie!:D

So...They have a good passport case on these riders, but since it's such a pain in the **** to convict anyone for their passport they just make a deal and force the riders to retire instead. But they can't stop themselves not giving any credit to their passport so they release the information without any bravour. I have no idea, but I feel like it's something hilarious like this that has happened.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
UCI tell Sporza that sanctions will no longer be communicated via press releases

This is just stupid.

I could perhaps understand this if they had said something......but they said nothing. Nada. How does such a major process change go unannounced?

Ridiculous move by the UCI. Very disheartening

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yikes! Two days ago this thread was all of three pages long. :p

BYOP88 said:
Interesting that he's keeps the 2009 Giro win but is disqualified from the 2009 Tour.

Very interesting. Anyone who watched that 2009 Giro without coming away with the belief that both Di Luca and Menchov were heavily charging...well, there might be an opening at Velonews. :rolleyes:

Some of those attacks and counter attacks were hysterical.

I just can't believe that dope was involved. What's next, to find out that Cobo was doping too when he beat Froome at the Vuelta!? :eek:

May 26, 2009
Visit site
I guess with the UCI now planning not to tell the media that someone has been suspended, I guess we just need to keep an eye out for retiring cyclists.

Race Radio said:
This is just stupid.

I could perhaps understand this if they had said something......but they said nothing. Nada. How does such a major process change go unannounced?

Ridiculous move by the UCI. Very disheartening

Most professional organizations in most western countries, routinely post disciplinary cases, with a summary and access to the full reasons for the discipline. Doctors, lawyers, accountants, psychologists, dentists etc. - plug in many professions and occupations.

There is absolutely no reason the UCI cannot have a dedicated page on their website with EVERY disciplinary matter including the ones where the rider is exonerated, available for public scrutiny. Dopeology is the closest thing, but unfortunately it is short on detail. Why a private website is doing what the UCI should have been doing for a long time is perplexing. The UCI just doesn't seem to get it!

http://www.dopeology.org/

Justico said:
Now that Froome is out Cookson is storming the castle?

check his statement today :

the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 3h

Brian Cookson on dopers "sooner or later you will be destroyed. We will catch you & your reputation will be in the bin" in @cycling_podcast

does sound like a warning to the great champions fighting TdF now :D everything to make Richie the winner lol

Bypass the middle man and go to the source. That interview was done in HARROGATE when Froome was still in the race.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
RobbieCanuck said:
There is absolutely no reason the UCI cannot have a dedicated page on their website with EVERY disciplinary matter including the ones where the rider is exonerated, available for public scrutiny. Dopeology is the closest thing, but unfortunately it is short on detail. Why a private website is doing what the UCI should have been doing for a long time is perplexing. The UCI just doesn't seem to get it!

Robbie, why don't we do the same for tax evaders and speed offenders?