• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Menchov

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
ScienceIsCool said:
Better yet, why did this conversation even take place? My take is that things are so corrupt that this isn't even seen as an issue.

Much better said than my post. Pat's attitude was very blasé. "Happens all the time!"

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
filipo said:
Much better said than my post. Pat's attitude was very blasé. "Happens all the time!"

What about the fact that someone like JV can share a glass of wine at a party with Gripper. "Hey, Anne. Thinking of signing xyz. Nah, JV. He's dodgy as hell". So, someone with inside info is able to communicate outside official channels and effectively black-list a rider without any due process. Not to mention the absolute stench of corruption that surrounds such a selective dissemination of highly privileged information.

John Swanson

May 21, 2010
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
I guess with the UCI now planning not to tell the media that someone has been suspended, I guess we just need to keep an eye out for retiring cyclists.

Heh!!

Mustafa Sayar just retired at the ripe old age of 25 and he's mentioned in the silent UCI pdf as well! He'll probably un-retire after his ban.

TRENDING THREADS