• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Menchov's team 2011 for Le Tour de France 2011

Jun 10, 2010
184
0
0
Visit site
D.Menchov (c)
J.Rodrigues
V.Karpets
K.Kirchen
V.Kiryenka
J.I.Gutieres
F.Pozzato
Y.Trofimov
E.Vorganov or A.Kolobnev

Can Menchov win Le tour de France with this team(katusha)?
 
Nov 24, 2009
1,602
0
0
Visit site
Denkoff said:
D.Menchov (c)
J.Rodrigues
V.Karpets
K.Kirchen
V.Kiryenka
J.I.Gutieres
F.Pozzato
Y.Trofimov
E.Vorganov or A.Kolobnev

Can Menchov win Le tour de France with this team(katusha)?

Now that Karpets had lost his mullet, the only mullet rests on Kiryenka's shoulders and that is a big ask.

Also, I wouldn't be too quick to have Kirchen riding in any team considering
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
1
0
Visit site
dont mean to disappoint you but i doubt he'll ride for the team you put together.;)

the manager of the team told eurosport he does not know him personally, never talked to him about the transfer and never was approached about the transfer (this is as late as stage 19) and expects to be 'approached by the subject rider first'.

sounds like there is some personal issue between schmil and your potential team leader.
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
1
0
Visit site
Denkoff said:
Russian team - Russian leader. no questions

this is not a moscow may day parade with slogans but a pro rider's market.

pls, bring facts to the table that your slogans are in the making
 
Jun 10, 2010
184
0
0
Visit site
You're too smart? Getting him is that I took from russia? I just love this russian team. First violin in it always Russian racers. Legionnaires need for training young talents and to hold water
 
python said:
Denkoff said:
Russian team - Russian leader. no questions
this is not a moscow may day parade with slogans but a pro rider's market.

pls, bring facts to the table that your slogans are in the making

You obviously have a very limited knowledge about Russians. Well like Denkoff said if Menchov signs to Katusha situation will be crystal clear...
Russian team + Russian sponsors ( Gazprom among others ) = Russian leader, period... :rolleyes:
 
Apr 26, 2010
1,035
0
0
Visit site
Denkoff said:
You're too smart? Getting him is that I took from russia? I just love this russian team. First violin in it always Russian racers. Legionnaires need for training young talents and to hold water
Pozzato, Rodriguez, Caruso, and even Chmil himself would be charmed to know this.
________
VAPORIZER AFFILIATE
 
i doubt menchov will sign for katyusha just because hes russian...hes been riding and living outside russia for past 10+ years if not longer,i wouldnt be surprised if he signs for one of the spanish outfits

hell i think he ll stay in rabo,gesink is not really a podium guy with his poor TT skills,i dont think denis has to worry about his position as team leader after his showing in TdF
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
1
0
Visit site
Zen Master said:
You obviously have a very limited knowledge about Russians. Well like Denkoff said if Menchov signs to Katusha situation will be crystal clear...
Russian team + Russian sponsors ( Gazprom among others ) = Russian leader, period... :rolleyes:

you obviously dont read anything besides your own dreams in your own head.

as i said above there is no evidence, not even a rumour that anything is taking place.

as i said above, katusha team manager claimed on eurosport that no he does not know menchov personally, no negotiotions are taking place and he never heard from menchov's reps and that he expects menchov to approach him first.

that barely sounds like a transfer in the making.

but you certainly can wish for this. all i asked, bring facts to the table.
 
Jun 4, 2010
50
0
0
Visit site
denis a gave a big interview to a local sport's newspaper after the ITT. he said, that he has some "interesting offers from some interesting teams". he also added, that he's really interested in joining Katusha, coz it's a big national project etc etc. so i wouldn't be so pessimistic about his future in the russian team. still interesting, what's he gonna choose. i say 60-70% that he stays in Rabo. if they are not fools, they'll do their best to keep him. releasing one of the best GT contenders in the world would be stupid, Ges is a great rider, but he's not a TDF podium guy yet, still needs a couple of years to progress.
 
He would be competitive with either team but better off with the current Rabobank team I think. Rumours are rumours. Velo News have also talked of Contador heading to Saxo or Radio Shack and Vino retiring to take a director's job at Astana ? Who knows........ BMC also supposed to be snapping up a few quality riders.
 
python said:
you obviously dont read anything besides your own dreams in your own head.

as i said above there is no evidence, not even a rumour that anything is taking place.

as i said above, katusha team manager claimed on eurosport that no he does not know menchov personally, no negotiotions are taking place and he never heard from menchov's reps and that he expects menchov to approach him first.

that barely sounds like a transfer in the making.

but you certainly can wish for this. all i asked, bring facts to the table.

Ha Ha Ha ! ROFLMAO You're so fücking funny ! Stop it please, you are killing me !?!
Like I said before you have a limited knowledge about Russia and Russians my funny friend.
Hmmmm did you hear the story about Russian spy ring in the United States, Ana Chapman Russian Mata Hari yadi yadi yada ?!?
Well first reaction from Moscow was: That's a silly conspiracy theory and blatant lie and then suddenly yesterday Vladimir Putin himself sings KGB songs with deported spies :rolleyes:
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
1
0
Visit site
Zen Master said:
Ha Ha Ha ! ROFLMAO You're so fücking funny ! Stop it please, you are killing me !?!
Like I said before you have a limited knowledge about Russia and Russians my funny friend.
Hmmmm did you hear the story about Russian spy ring in the United States, Ana Chapman Russian Mata Hari yadi yadi yada ?!?
Well first reaction from Moscow was: That's a silly conspiracy theory and blatant lie and then suddenly yesterday Vladimir Putin himself sings KGB songs with deported spies :rolleyes:
if i am funny, [edited by mod].

save me your rants about kgb or go to the political forum.

this is a bicycle forum and the subject was about pro riders market.

you also show incredible ignorance about how riders shop.

i could care less if menchov is or is not riding for katusha.

all i asked pls show me the goods and provided the sources that contradict what
katusha team manager said to eurosport.
 
Jun 10, 2010
184
0
0
Visit site
[edited by mod] This see my 1st comment

This is theme of this page
" D.Menchov (c)
J.Rodrigues
V.Karpets
K.Kirchen
V.Kiryenka
J.I.Gutieres
F.Pozzato
Y.Trofimov
E.Vorganov or A.Kolobnev

Can Menchov win Le tour de France with this team(katusha)? "
 
Jun 9, 2010
2,007
0
0
Visit site
Easy guys... there is no need to be killing each other...

1st: Denkoff... We have to wait cuz Menchov hasn't changed teams and is not likely to change cuz He did great in Le Tour and Rabobank are pretty happy with him, also Gesink is still green and he is not podium material yet... I was one of those ppl who though that Menchov was to change teams for 2011 but now I don't think that is going to happen...

2nd: Is true that russians are pretty nationalistics but Cycling involves other things cuz Menchov is russian doesn't mean that he is going to go to Katusha... there is a lot of rumours around Menchov right now, that he is going to Astana, Katusha, SaxoBank (with the new sponsor), etc... so is better to wait and see what is going to happen...

3rd: About your question... with that team? No... He can't win Le Tour with that team... Karpets cracked big time, Purito is not going to be a domestique again (He left Caisse for that reason), with Kirchen we have to see if he can recover from that attack, Pozzato is going to Il Giro for sure and Kiriyenka has not signed with Katusha yet...
 

Latest posts