• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Message from forum user Bilirubin

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
It is amusing that only fanboys have received permanent bans - no haters.

Aren't you tired of trotting out lies like this?

It is utterly untrue and frankly typical of the type of "the forum supports one side agains the other" garbage that does nothing other than make those that say it look foolish.

A

Anonymous

Polish said:
Clearly Flicker is a BPC Sympathizer and should receive another temporary ban as a further warning. GRRRRR.

Maybe I am as well. Actually, I dont sympathise, but I do think that much of what he has posted over the monthsis not particularly inflamatory. Often, peoples reactions to his posts are actually far worse than the posts themselves. The problem is, as soon as he is recognised people jump on the "youre bpc so im not listening to anything you have to say" and it all blows up.

Ive long been of the opinion that it would save a lot of trouble if he was allowed to post, and then IF he broke them forum rules, then deal with it as you would any other member. But in all his posts, he actually doesnt do much more, if not rule breaking, but skirting on the edge of what is acceptable, that a lot of other people do.

The constant banning, clearly isnt working, and probably never will, and as long as it goes on there will be more and more incidents. No doubt mods will say I dont get to read all of the posts, youd be surprised at what weird hours I am reading this forum without posting (and i deliberately am set to appear offline).

Just my opinion, but then my opinion is well known, it hasnt changed for a year now. :D

My thought would be give the guy a 1 month trial. Let him officially return but make it clear that the same rules apply to him as all forum members, treat him equally, and get agreement that if he breaks the rules he's done. Then treat him and all members the same in threads he is involved in and see what happens. Not like there is anything to lose, theres chaos everytime he appears as it is now.