• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michael Sayers of BMC take a cheap shot at womens racing?

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Is it clear what he means by "womens race is later in the week"...

The frustration among BMC management was apparent in the team parking lot after the race, and Sayers aimed his anger squarely at ProTour rival RadioShack-Nissan, who he said has been playing possum all week.

"I think they forgot that the women's race is later in the week," Sayers said, referring to the women's criterium that actually ran in downtown Aspen Wednesday before the men raced into town for their finish. "I don't understand why they're not going for stage wins. I don't expect anybody to help my team, but I don't understand why, when you have six riders in the front group, that you won't even pull, and then you start attacking to get the stage win.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, p. lame. Women's cycling sucks (apparently), so when men's cycling sucks it's like women's cycling because men's cycling is always awesome. Top notch logic.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
goggalor said:
Yeah, p. lame. Women's cycling sucks (apparently), so when men's cycling sucks it's like women's cycling because men's cycling is always awesome. Top notch logic.

Specially since that particular event is apparently organised by Tejay's wife.

All of these has-been or never-was team manager's need to STFU sometimes and stop whining.

Nice insult to his top rider on the team.

Oh also..is Cadel actually competing in this year's USA Pro Challenge. Haven't heard a single mention of his name.

TRENDING THREADS