• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow, what a complete rider he is proving to be..

5th Tirreno Adriatico. Proving to be a great climber for first time really. Epic Ronde ride proving he's very versatile.

And now finishing 5th in Amstel, ahead of many much more fancied names.

One of riders of the spring so far, if not the one in terms of coming of age.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this guys is really proving himself to be a great rider and showing he has a lot of talent. I foresee a bright future for him ahead.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
sucotash said:
He was also second in Algarve Gc, second there in a TT losing only to Martin. He is turning to be on of the most complete riders

Yep, we knew he had great TT. And we knew he was okay punchy/climber as he shown last year at Tour de Pologne.

But what's he's doing this year, especially the Tirreno and this performance, I didn't think he had it in him at all, at least at this step in his career. Amazing really.

@Sucotash thanks for the video.

I'm excited to see how he will do at Liege, he says himself that he likes the route and that he thinks it suits him very well.

Apart from that, which grand tour will he ride? I suppose he won't ride ride the tour when Tour of Poland takes place in the same time. He could have a free role at Giro or Vuelta and see if he could get a good gc placing, if not he could go for stages?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Bushman said:

I'm excited to see how he will do at Liege, he says himself that he likes the route and that he thinks it suits him very well.

Apart from that, which grand tour will he ride? I suppose he won't ride ride the tour when Tour of Poland takes place in the same time. He could have a free role at Giro or Vuelta and see if he could get a good gc placing, if not he could go for stages?

Definitely Vuelta.

Not Giro obviously and he's going try win Tour de Pologne this year hence Vuelta is the GT goal.

Bushman said:

The tour of Poland doesn't take place at the same time as the tdf. In fact, the tdf is a perfect prep race for it ;)

To see him perform so well uphill and on the cobbles this year is really amazing. Especially when most of his results, apart from tour of poland, used to come in tts and sometimes sprints too.

I think he has a really good potential, very good all-rounder.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
sucotash said:
Yes and he said that LBL is his main target this week :D

For sure Kwiato is one of the biggest contenders for sunday

Very good, we've seen surprise winner in AGR and FW, so...Kwiatkowski for the win in LBL! :D

TRENDING THREADS