• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Michele Scarponi RIP

PRESS RELEASE ON MICHELE SCARPONI
22/04/2017 / PRESS RELEASES
Michele died in the morning while he was training.

This is a tragedy too big to be written.

Our athlete Michele Scarponi died this morning while he was training on his bike close to his home in Filottrano. Michele has been hitted by a van on a crossroad.

Born in September 25th 1979, he left a wife and two kids.

Michele ended 4th in the Tour of Alps yesterday afternoon in Trento. Then he went home in Filottrano (Ancona) by car with his masseur and was home in the evening to his family.

This morning Michele went out on his bike for an early morning training and there the tragedy happened.

We left a great champion and a special guy, always smiling in every situation, he was a real mile stone and a landmark for everyone in the Astana Pro Team.

The Astana Pro Team clings to the Michele family in this incredibly painful moment of sorrow and mourning.

http://www.astanaproteam.kz/modules.php?name=astana&page=news&id=711

rIBFeIH.png

I'll never forget his cheerfulnes, honest happiness for his teams good results and loyalty to his colleagues. His pure hapiness after meeting Nibali in the finish of deciding stage of last year Giro is rolling through my eyes. RIP Michele, you were my most admired personality in the whole sport.

TRENDING THREADS