• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mick Rogers and the omerta

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Seems he is in favour of keeping the omerta intact too, with these comments.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/top-amgen-tour-names-defend-cycling-in-wake-of-landis-statements

"The sport has got to get away from negativity. Everyone has to pull their weight from the riders to the management to the race organizers, we all have to do everything we can to get away from the doping issue because it's killing the sport."

Get away from the doping issue? Not face up to it and get rid of doping and dopers...

I'll leave this one to you guys, I don't have much time to be posting here much, but love reading the (mainly) informed comments.

Cheers

http://www.velominati.com/blog/

A

Anonymous

brettok said:
Seems he is in favour of keeping the omerta intact too, with these comments.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/top-amgen-tour-names-defend-cycling-in-wake-of-landis-statements

"The sport has got to get away from negativity. Everyone has to pull their weight from the riders to the management to the race organizers, we all have to do everything we can to get away from the doping issue because it's killing the sport."

Get away from the doping issue? Not face up to it and get rid of doping and dopers...

I'll leave this one to you guys, I don't have much time to be posting here much, but love reading the (mainly) informed comments.

Cheers

http://www.velominati.com/blog/

This was reported in another thread. Please do not post things that have already been discussed. It waters down the forum with threads that are of no real use. Not being mean, just trying to keep the place tidy.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, Mick Rogers in my eyes was a nice guy who overcame adversity to come back winning.. after his statements he is similar to the scum in my bathroom and I hope he retires soon.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
This was reported in another thread. Please do not post things that have already been discussed. It waters down the forum with threads that are of no real use. Not being mean, just trying to keep the place tidy.

I never thought id suggest this but id like to nominate tff to be a housekeeping moderator

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

I didn't see another thread with it, and didn't read anything in the threads I've been following. Link?

Didn't mean to 'dirty the place up'...

Nick777 said:
The Aussie cycling community isn't that big.
More people would be surprised if Evans got busted than if Rogers did.

I'm not totally sure but I think Rogers is the last ex-Ferrari client left standing other than Armstrong. AFAIK the rest have been busted or have retired.

Just to put his comments into perspective.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
unsheath said:
Hardly surprising given he was a well known Ferrari client. We were better off when he wasn't racing due to his EB Virus.
there is a little controversy re: Rogers, and his spell to EB. Speculation existed that Stapleoton wanted to put him on ice, while he closed Columbia, and waited to see how big Freiburg broke, and if Rogers was gonna get taken down too.

If ya reading this, hey Dodger!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:
I'm not totally sure but I think Rogers is the last ex-Ferrari client left standing other than Armstrong. AFAIK the rest have been busted or have retired.

Just to put his comments into perspective.
nah, not right. Levi. Danielson. Gasparotto. Vino, Allesandro Bertollini, Barredo, Simeoni, Kashechkin may have too, Popo may have had some help too. Speculation was Evans was with him, but media may have conflated Rogers and Evans.

ferrari.jpg

Why don't we know who Ferrari is working with nowadays?

It seems riders aren't as proud these days about "I get all my training plans from Ferrari, he's a great coach" as they were a few years ago.

Still freelancing, or could he be working for an entire team?

Ferminal said:
Why don't we know who Ferrari is working with nowadays?

It seems riders aren't as proud these days about "I get all my training plans from Ferrari, he's a great coach" as they were a few years ago.

Still freelancing, or could he be working for an entire team?

AFAIK Ferrari has been banned from working with any athlete again. That and people can now put two and two together...

42x16ss said:
AFAIK Ferrari has been banned from working with any athlete again. That and people can now put two and two together...

only all italian athletes.

i have no doubt that armstrong is still working with him. in fact, the season after doing the pr move of "disassociating" himself with ferrari, armstrong was reported still using him. i have no idea why people believed his stunt, taking it at face value, he's lied so many times.

i also have no doubt that ferrari -- having assured him that he could still avoid testing positive (thanks to flandis, we now know precisely how) -- was instrumental in his comeback.

you can be sure that armstrong is very much still working with him.

i also find it fascinating that (a) any clean rider needs to be followed by a hematologist and (b) that this hema-- i mean "coach" -- is an expert on epo (quoted in the press, etc.). if you were a coach of clean riding why would need to know anything about epo.

TRENDING THREADS