• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 82 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

KyoGrey said:
Juan Pelota said:
How does Landa TT? Do we have examples of him going all out anywhere? I see he got 2nd at the Spanish Champs this year. That's impressive.

He is a bad TTer but as of late he has managed to achieve some good performances on occasions.
I think he can do better than anyone of the top10 but Froome and maybe Caruso, but I expect the latter to fall out of the top10 in the next 2 stages.

About today's stage. Was Landa from the beginning in the front group in the finale when the split happened or somebody brought him back? Because I didn't see him at first but then a couple of minutes later he was there.

johnymax said:
KyoGrey said:
Juan Pelota said:
How does Landa TT? Do we have examples of him going all out anywhere? I see he got 2nd at the Spanish Champs this year. That's impressive.

He is a bad TTer but as of late he has managed to achieve some good performances on occasions.
I think he can do better than anyone of the top10 but Froome and maybe Caruso, but I expect the latter to fall out of the top10 in the next 2 stages.

About today's stage. Was Landa from the beginning in the front group in the finale when the split happened or somebody brought him back? Because I didn't see him at first but then a couple of minutes later he was there.

Apparently, Kwaito and Kyri brought him back.

bigcog said:
johnymax said:
KyoGrey said:
Juan Pelota said:

Apparently, Kwaito and Kyri brought him back.

and he ruined sky attack because he isn't strong enough in the cross winds

rick james said:
KyoGrey said:
Juan Pelota said:

how did he manage to come 2nd in the Spanish national TT?

By being the second fastest ;)

He also rode well in the Giro last year (equal with Nibali and Valverde), even though that was a very strange TT. And he says that he has worked on it while at Sky but it is very rare that he has had to ride all out.

johnymax said:
KyoGrey said:
Juan Pelota said:

I rewatched the last 20ks of the stage and apparently he closed a gap of 50m by himself, that's pretty impressive for somebody who's not as strong as some big engines in crosswinds.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site

durtyfat7 said:
johnymax said:
KyoGrey said:
Juan Pelota said:

I rewatched the last 20ks of the stage and apparently he closed a gap of 50m by himself, that's pretty impressive for somebody who's not as strong as some big engines in crosswinds.
At about 12k to go he bridges the gap, very impressive.

Re:

del1962 said:
If it where not for that crash in Giro he would have done the double, the mythical Landa
So I'm thinking about getting on the Landa bandwagon.

Is it for sure for sure that he's going to Movistar? And if he goes to Movistar, will it likely be to take over for Valverde, who we all know will never return at even close to his mythical 2017 level, given the severity of his injuries and his age.

Or will Landa simply be moving from super-domestique role at SKY to the same job but Spanish version of it?

When do you expect Landa to win his first GT? And will he and Quintana become friends?

He has difficult to get the podium.

I would love to see a podium with Froome, Uran and Landa , maybe the 3 riders I know better in the peloton and I have followed since he started pros.

But anyway Landa has showed he is much better rider than Aru, he is doing better than Aru even with the Giro on the legs and working.

Using Aru properly in that Giro and with Landa as leader, Landa wuld have won easily that Giro to Contador, but sadly in cycling there are a lot of interests and maybe now is the same with SKY.

It is not good for cycling to have so strong team. Porte was one of the main rivals of Froome, Uran probably will finish second, both have been domestiques in SKY...there was a time WIggo, Froome, Rigo and Porte were in the same train..and some people asked why they were so strong,,, Just becouse they had the best riders.

Would make a lot of sense if Landa is angry now. Ofc if Landa would be one second in front of Froome you could also search places where he could have gotten that time, but for Landa there are simply so many places where he could have been one second faster.
Bardet should have gotten a 20 seconds penalty on stage 12, what if Landa hadn't waited for Froome for a few seconds on stage 12 instead of responding to Aru's attack immediately, what if Froome and Kwiat wouldn't have chased Landa down on stage 13, what if Froome hadn't attacked and therefore caught Landa on stage 18 and also does anyone know why the hell Sky let Landa work so hard on the final descent of stage 17 that he lost 3 seconds to Bardet in the sprint? I know many people here don't like what if's, but in this case I think there are just too many to ignore them

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re:

luckyboy said:
lol, remember when Froome and Kwiatkowski were chasing his group into Foix

There's a lot of what ifs like always. You have to remember though he only gets those 2 minutes on that stage since he was on the same team as Froome & Kwiatkowski. It makes sense that there are other times where you'll lose time being on the same team since you have to ride around Froome. Pros and cons.

Anyways sad to see him miss out by 1 second, I hope he can steal it tomorrow. :D

TRENDING THREADS