• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikkel Bjerg discussion thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He didn't dominate in the juniors. In fact, apart from the national championships, he didn't win a single time trial. Got his ass handed to him by a certain Brandon McNulty.

He was mainly dominant in the U23 WCC TT's. Even regular TT's, nationals or euros in the U23 he didn't win many of them.
Yeah my apologies, I said juniors even though I didn’t have a clue. I only knew he won the U23 WC TT 3 times in a row. I assumed he was also doing that as a junior, but apparently he had a late growth spurt

Yeah my apologies, I said juniors even though I didn’t have a clue. I only knew he won the U23 WC TT 3 times in a row. I assumed he was also doing that as a junior, but apparently he had a late growth spurt
Well, the most spectacular thing about him, is that he is born late in the year, so after turning U23, he was one of the youngest in the U23 peloton. And he won the WCC, so in that regard that was amazing. He made the WCC his big goals in the U23, but the other TT's he was always one of the favorites, but didn't win many. The same year he first became U23 WCC TT, he lost the U23 ECC TT, he lost the U23 NC TT, both to Asgreen, who was older. Two years later he would lose both those TT's to Price-Pejtersen. He lost the Mont Chateaux ITT to Van Moer. In his second year he lost the Giro U23 TT to Stannard and Almeida. So three years he won the WCC U23 TT, he got beaten in every other major U23 TT.