• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Milan-San Remo 2016

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Astana to go completely mental. Lutsenko to attack on the Cipressa, after Grivko and Capecchi destroy the field. Then, after mini-Vino is caught Boom destroys everyone in the flat and LLS pushes crazy hard before Nibali attacks with Sagan, Canc + obligatory Etixx rider and destroy the Poggio record before getting caught in the last kilometre as another Etixx guy starts chasing it down as it was the wrong winner (Omloop style) before Bouhanni beats Kristoff and Bling in a chaotic sprint. Bouhanni then relegated for knocking over 4 riders on his path to victory, i.e zigzagging across the road.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Flamin said:
Can someone close this thread and let Eshnar or so make a proper one?
People come here to relax and have fun. If someone is kind enough to spend half an hour of his time to create a "proper" thread with all the bells and whistles, take it as a nice bonus —just don't think you're somehow entitled to it.

Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Flamin said:
Can someone close this thread and let Eshnar or so make a proper one?
People come here to relax and have fun. If someone is kind enough to spend half an hour of his time to create a "proper" thread with all the bells and whistles, take it as a nice bonus —just don't think you're somehow entitled to it.

I see you're new here, else you would have known I've made plenty of threads and have no problem to create a proper thread for this race as well. It's just that Eshnar usually makes these excellent threads for the major Italian races.

This is just silly. Heck, he/she didn't even post his opinion or anything about the race. Why on earth open a thread and just post this one sentence?

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

Flamin said:
I see you're new here, else you would have known I've made plenty of threads and have no problem to create a proper thread for this race as well. It's just that Eshnar usually makes these excellent threads for the major Italian races.
I know, I've been lurking around for quite a while. I was just pointing out that having you, Eshnar or anyone else create a "proper" thread is a privilege, not something we users are automatically entitled to.

CheckMyPecs said:
Flamin said:
I know, I've been lurking around for quite a while. I was just pointing out that having you, Eshnar or anyone else create a "proper" thread is a privilege, not something we users are automatically entitled to.

True. But this has been the standard on this forum for many many years, so I don't think it's too much to ask to more or less maintain this standard.

Jspear said:
Escarabajo said:
I am afraid Gaviria lacks depth!

Based on what? I mean, yes he is young, but he has been doing amazing so far this season (and last.)
Based on my experience only. He is very young and the parcours is a bit long. Not sure if he has been tested in these long stages.

Don't get me wrong. I would love nothing more than a win from him but he is just starting in these type of Classics.

I wasnt in the forum yet when they wanted to put another climb into the finale (pompeiana 2013) so can anyone tell me what people here thought about it.
Personally I don't want this race to become one which is too hard for sprinters but right now its just ridiculously easy and although it is a monument its in my opinion one of the most boring one day races. Maybe Pompeiana would have been too much but they could at least use la manie or any other climb before the Cipressa which can make the race a little bit harder.

I did a quick search, it seems he's not certain:

We all know it doesn’t suit me. It’s suited to the sprinters and Classics rider but I’ve often ridden and tried to attack on the Poggio,” he argued. “If Vegni put La Manie back in then maybe I’d think about it. Maybe the team will decide I have to ride it and so I would but if it remains the same course, there not much point in me riding it. This year I’m also due to do a block of altitude training after Tirreno-Adriatico in preparation for the Giro d’Italia.
Read more at http://cyclingquotes.com/news/nibali_unlikely_to_ride_sanremo/#pDJoxEs3rzuJwoDz.99

Gigs_98 said:
I wasnt in the forum yet when they wanted to put another climb into the finale (pompeiana 2013) so can anyone tell me what people here thought about it.
Personally I don't want this race to become one which is too hard for sprinters but right now its just ridiculously easy and although it is a monument its in my opinion one of the most boring one day races. Maybe Pompeiana would have been too much but they could at least use la manie or any other climb before the Cipressa which can make the race a little bit harder.

They should never break up the Cipressa-Poggio combo. Route is perfect with La Manie. it was about 50-50% for sprinters or attackers. And in the 7 times they did la Manie twice it was racing from there on out so I can't grasp why it isn't part of the route.

Status
Not open for further replies.