• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Milano-Sanremo

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
Wow! It's not exactly how I expected it to turn out, but there's no doubt the guys that finished 1-2 deserved the top two spots. What an incredible effort by Haussler to try to steal it, and Cav showed amazing speed, and guts, and whatever Erik Zabel taught him about this race, stuck.

George does look primed for P-R. Keep fingers crossed.

Noticed Lance was 125th, 8 minutes back. I guess he still has a lot to learn. ;)

Yea, Lance mad a amateur mistake riding this race. He lined up.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Maybe he bonked. He might have been so busy playing with Twitter on his cell phone that he forgot to eat. Typical nervous mistake. ;)

Good point, good point. He probably updated his Facebook page from his Blackberry too. That Lance, he is multi-talented.

In his own Twitters

And from his holiness (LA) in his own Twitters?

"Congrats to Cavendish on a spectacular victory. Cool kid."

"Good to get in close to 190 miles on the bike too. Damn that's far."

"Done with Milan San Remo. What a race! Fast, crazy, but great. My legs felt good"

well he seems happy enough!

I think Cervelo took the 'team' category. Haussler had 2 seconds on the group, which included Hushovd (3rd) and Andreas Klier (33rd). Columbia had no one in the second group 2 seconds behind. So that seems clear (or klier) to me. Milram had 3 riders in the group, but they were all 2 seconds behind Haussler, so it's Cervelo by 2 seconds.

Man, looks like everyone was as skeptical as I was about Cavendish. Sheesh, no more picking with my head!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I am impressed, very impressed, I now think that he will win Green at TdF sooner rather than later, (like maybe this year)

For the Finale, I think CTT lost it, if Thor had of jumped on (even if he couldn't follow) then he would have made Cav go that little further and he would not have made it, if Haussler had of stayed on his line (left) Cav would have had to go around and not made it.

But they didn't and the winner deserved the spoils, what was the gap over the line, about 5 cm? perfect!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Darn I was rooting for Hausler he he he. But Cavendish is a total freak too. Where was Booonen? Perhaps he was tired from the hills. Boonen is not great pre-tune up. But post tune-up his is an unstopable tank in the one day cobbled races.

Now that Lance is back Petacchi can win some stages in the Tour just like 2003 if his team could get in. AP has nobody to drag him around though.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Where was Booonen?

In a post race interview he's saying he cramped up but couldnt ride through it.....as he had previously in the Ronde.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
经济危机缴闹得全球天翻地覆的

经济危机缴闹得全球天翻地覆的,当然,对于杭州店面装修这些情况,其实米兰也在第一时间做出了反映。众设计师们在09年春夏的设计中,全都故意将领口开低,再开低。为什么?也许他们都认为,男人扣子最近系得太严了吧!

Papparrazzi said:
Has anybody got a link to the photo finish pic'?

Here is front-on shot of the finish (from PEZ Cycling News)
msr09-line1.jpg

A

Anonymous

cihruueip said:
经济危机缴闹得全球天翻地覆的,当然,对于杭州店面装修这些情况,其实米兰也在第一时间做出了反映。众设计师们在09年春夏的设计中,全都故意将领口开低,再开低。为什么?也许他们都认为,男人扣子最近系得太严了吧!

hell yea!!

I haven't been able to find the side shot, nor the over head shot. I looked on UK, US and Italian sites. Tried Italian Google news and images, as well.

Strange because I thought I saw a couple of the side shots not too long after the race.

Maybe because the shot was so blurry, no site is using it.

Mar 10, 2009
www.flickr.com

TRENDING THREADS