• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Millar is not helping

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
To be fair, I've been saying that about Millar since I heard his self-serving interviews in the '07 Tour, and especially since his whining about his breaks being chased down last year.

I just haven't been saying it here. But it was nice of you to be patronising all the same.

Sorry could not resist. Few people in the anti-doping crowd are willing to speak about Millar for what he is. He's a pawn.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
veganrob said:
Ok. I'm gonna open myself up for all sorts of abuse now because I like David Miller. But i see nothing at all wrong with what he said until the last line. Now I'm gonna interpret that to mean that although he used, of course he did, he may not have worked as hard as he should back then and depended on the drugs to get him by. Now that he is clean? hopefully, well as much as a pro cyclist can be, he is working harder to get the best of his abilities. Which he undeniably does have talent.
Ok, let the games begin :)

Millar took the pinch like a man and showed the peloton (and the UCI) that he was down with Omerta. Now he's their foot-soldier working on convincing the press that things are "clean" now. I'll bet that the UCI's head of PR is on the phone with him each week.

omerta.jpg

May 26, 2010
Visit site
veganrob said:
Ok. I'm gonna open myself up for all sorts of abuse now because I like David Miller. But i see nothing at all wrong with what he said until the last line. Now I'm gonna interpret that to mean that although he used, of course he did, he may not have worked as hard as he should back then and depended on the drugs to get him by. Now that he is clean? hopefully, well as much as a pro cyclist can be, he is working harder to get the best of his abilities. Which he undeniably does have talent.
Ok, let the games begin :)

the guy won a lot more on EPO than he has done without so therein lies his false statement. Yes he had a good year in 2010, but to say he is riding/performing better without cant be true. LA won 7 tours with the stuff and nobody before his first win would have put a dime on him to get top 10 finish and anybody quoting armstrong in any interview in any shape of form that does not imply the guy is a douchebag is part of the omerta.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Why doesn't poor Millar have a Polish or Senor Contador or Straydog or Swordsman rising to his defense? Is it simply because he's never won **** or because his rap is so weak that nobody is fooled?

because he's not one of pubic stratalies clients;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
the guy won a lot more on EPO than he has done without so therein lies his false statement. Yes he had a good year in 2010, but to say he is riding/performing better without cant be true. LA won 7 tours with the stuff and nobody before his first win would have put a dime on him to get top 10 finish and anybody quoting armstrong in any interview in any shape of form that does not imply the guy is a douchebag is part of the omerta.
to say he is clean right now, would be a syllogism imo. Starting with a dubious premise, at very least. Visage shows clear signs of exogenous hormone supplementation and hgh.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
because he's not one of pubic stratalies clients;)

:D eryone still caught up on that whole Public Strat. thing? Is it really happening? Milliar would be one of the folks that the fan groups would try to defend. He is on the same ship as the leader.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
should this forum seek sponsorship from PS?

We must be the best marketing advertisement for them fo' sure

i imagine we give them enough free publicity as it is, why would they pay for it???

sadly when potential clients see who is working for them, flickie, polish, smellydog, spartyrox etc it does more harm then good:D

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
:D eryone still caught up on that whole Public Strat. thing? Is it really happening? Milliar would be one of the folks that the fan groups would try to defend. He is on the same ship as the leader.

Shilling for other guys on the ship costs extra. If Millar wants in, he's gonna need to go "thirdsies" with McQuaid and Armstrong.

But in all seriousness, the kind of people they hire are not all going to be "up" on the various other supporting characters. They've been briefed on Lance, not the rest of the Euros.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
i imagine we give them enough free publicity as it is, why would they pay for it???

sadly when potential clients see who is working for them, flickie, polish, smellydog, spartyrox etc it does more harm then good:D

Why even bother to be Flicker or Polish when you could easily gets paid to be them?

deuce-bigalow-male-gigolo-2.jpg

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
More white on white hate(Anglo on Anglo) Why are we picking on poor David, he is articulate forthright, a great rider and most importantly quite handsome.

He came out of a dark place and is riding with class once again. Stop the hate.

flicker said:
More white on white hate(Anglo on Anglo) Why are we picking on poor David, he is articulate forthright, a great rider and most importantly quite handsome.

He came out of a dark place and is riding with class once again. Stop the hate.

Hey Flick, he ain't an Anglo now that he has decided he is Scottish:) And I'm afraid his good looks are questioned above:cool:

Also, I guess I won't be the only one to google syllogism. I'm not so clever as the poster is obvious:eek:

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Why doesn't poor Millar have a Polish or Senor Contador or Straydog or Swordsman rising to his defense? Is it simply because he's never won **** or because his rap is so weak that nobody is fooled?

Who knows?

I don't think he dopes. Probably because we're the same nationality and everybody knows, other nationalities dope far more than your own.

I remember the interview he did after winning the TT in 2003. He was so unimpressed it was unreal; as if the interviewer had asked him how it felt to be even faster than the best of the under-12s.

He does seem much happier within himself now, as far as the briefest glimpses of his personality allow one to come to a conclusion. It may be that he's managed to reconcile himself to taking whatever he needs to, or it may just as easily be that he's happier because he's achieving similar results to 2001-3 without taking anything at all.

TRENDING THREADS