• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

MMA and TUE's

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm suprised how accepted it is by fans, alot of the comments are saying it's an attempt to take the UFC down, but it's not just the UFC that's had this problem. Yeh, they are the largest brand out there but this effects all of them.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
Pro wrestling is roughly the uncle of most modern sports franchises but for MMA it's more like the stepfather.
see: Chris Hedges on professional wrestling.

read an interesting opinion article on the hmoo-erotic. a rear naked choke, that aint. RIP in choke, carradine and hutchence, hutchence and carradine what a way to go.

AOA was the original hypoxic tent.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Dalakhani said:
Joe Rogan (UFC commentator) talks about this quite frequently on his podcast. If my memory serves me, there was quite a long discussion of TRT amongst fighters when he had John Hackleman (Chuck Liddell's former trainer) as a guest last month:

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/john-hackleman

Is Hackleman against it?

The Victor Conte episode is a good listen for clinic regulars:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azzhD2QJ8B0

Talks more about track and field than MMA.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
Weidman is delighted with it. I bet Bisping is too.

Long overdue.

Bisping was accused of using steroids by his former friend and training partner Quinton Jackson.

As for Weidman, best case scenario would be for him to fight someone going cold turkey, now he has to face Machida.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
Bisping was accused of using steroids by his former friend and training partner Quinton Jackson.

As for Weidman, best case scenario would be for him to fight someone going cold turkey, now he has to face Machida.

I haven't heard about this. Do you have a link for this? He has been very outspoken on this and especially against guys like Belfort. I don't follow the MMA scene as much now as years gone by. I remember they used to train together in England, Bisping even said Jackson was a terrible trainer where he hated it in fact.

Just away from this, when I went to the UFC event in Dublin back in 2009, Bisping was at it and me and few friends met him the next day by chance in Dublin airport as he was catching his flight. He seemed a genuine guy by the way, not one of those stuck up sorts of sports people who are in a bubble.

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
Is Hackleman against it?

It's around 5 weeks since that episode. My unreliable recollection was that Hackleman was very against TRT - and against his fighters using it - because it effects the natural production: the end result being that there are long-term problems.

However, both he and Rogan were open about how widely it's used and - and this is the haziest part - Hackleman said something pragmatic about what he'd do if one of his guys wanted to use it. Can't remember exactly what.

The gist is, it's commonplace in the UFC because it enables fighters to have longer careers, recover from injuries quicker, train harder... but it's bad for the fighters in the long-term.

PS I agree, that Victor Conte episode was fascinating.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
I haven't heard about this. Do you have a link for this? He has been very outspoken on this and especially against guys like Belfort. I don't follow the MMA scene as much now as years gone by. I remember they used to train together in England, Bisping even said Jackson was a terrible trainer where he hated it in fact.

Just away from this, when I went to the UFC event in Dublin back in 2009, Bisping was at it and me and few friends met him the next day by chance in Dublin airport as he was catching his flight. He seemed a genuine guy by the way, not one of those stuck up sorts of sports people who are in a bubble.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...if-you-live-glass-house-trt-steroids-2218591/

I don't know what Bispings like in person but IMO, he comes across VERY badly on TV.

I met Paul Daley once, he was VERY arrogant. Completely deluded and thought he was a superstar.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...if-you-live-glass-house-trt-steroids-2218591/

I don't know what Bispings like in person but IMO, he comes across VERY badly on TV.

I met Paul Daley once, he was VERY arrogant. Completely deluded and thought he was a superstar.

Thanks. Interesting.

Bisping was talking a lot of rubbish before his Henderson fight and came across badly at the time. He done an interview with BT in the UK recently where he did OK in it and they are using him a lot to promote their coverage. You see him quite regularly on their weekly magazine show also and Gareth Davies said BT want to get rid of the stereotype image that UFC fighters have with the general public who mightn't be fans of it. He said in that interview he got what he deserved from Henderson for talking too much smack beforehand. This could be all part of the image conciousness thing that BT and Bisping are now doing. He's even doing ads now for them. BTW that eye looked bad in the interview.

Daley is an idiot who's full of himself. Semtex my ***. I was never more delighted when Koscheck beat him.

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/27/5...-affecting-several-prominent-ufc-fighters-mma

Thought this might be of interest to you guys -

"The Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) today (Feb. 27, 2014) issued a statewide ban on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), according to Nevada's own Adam Hill, which means any and all fighters hoping to score a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) for the controversial treatment are **** out of luck."

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
got no idea. I doubt it. But when you can use the fast acting testosterone, you would have to be an idiot to get caught before a bout.

and... just look at an athletes natural beard growth. even the women. and not the homosexual type of beard to cover the fact that you are a homo

heavy heavy beard growth, how does that work with low testo?

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
blackcat said:
got no idea. I doubt it. But when you can use the fast acting testosterone, you would have to be an idiot to get caught before a bout.

and... just look at an athletes natural beard growth. even the women. and not the homosexual type of beard to cover the fact that you are a homo

The reason why I ask is I read a while back they don't test for it.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
blackcat said:

The no OOC testing means they are still stuck in the stone age.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
gooner said:

The no OOC testing means they are still stuck in the stone age.
199942-sebastien-chabal.jpg

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
Do the NSAC test for EPO or HGH yet?

They tested Juan Manuel Marquez and Josh Barnett Vs Travis Browne for that stuff.

But for 99% of their bouts they do no CIR testing, no testing for growth hormone, no testing for EPO and they allow a 6:1 T:E ratio.

Got to let those low budget MMA fighters and boxers dope.

TRENDING THREADS