• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

MMA and TUE's

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
blackcat said:
how does he get so lean that his eyes are almost falling out of his head.

Just gym work innit?

02465a452be94113b147cc96d3cc67df.gif

Now Vitor is claiming he didn't withdraw, UFC scratched him without consulting him, apparently believing there was no way he "adjust" in time for the fight. Also claims he gets dibbs on the Weidman/Machida fight winner (w/o TRT).

UFC also has announced they will implement Nevada's "no TRT TUEs" policy on all overseas fights, too.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
One of Keith Kizer's last acts as chairman of the NSAC was to sanction a surprise test on Belfort when he was at the MMA awards in Vegas a few weeks ago, however as Belfort does not have a license with the NSAC the result can't be made public if he were to apply for a license then the result could be made known, Belfort withdrawing from his fight with Weidman means he doesn't have to apply for one atm, listening to a podcast earlier Dave Meltzer of mmafighting very strongly implied he failed the test.

Cyivel said:
One of Keith Kizer's last acts as chairman of the NSAC was to sanction a surprise test on Belfort when he was at the MMA awards in Vegas a few weeks ago, however as Belfort does not have a license with the NSAC the result can't be made public if he were to apply for a license then the result could be made known, Belfort withdrawing from his fight with Weidman means he doesn't have to apply for one atm, listening to a podcast earlier Dave Meltzer of mmafighting very strongly implied he failed the test.
If he isn't licensed to fight there, why is he obligated to submit to their drug test? Sounds to me like someone in NSAC just wanted to get a peek at Vitor's marriage tackle.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
StyrbjornSterki said:
If he isn't licensed to fight there, why is he obligated to submit to their drug test? Sounds to me like someone in NSAC just wanted to get a peek at Vitor's marriage tackle.

He isn't obligated but he did take the test for some reason, he has a reputation as not being the brightest so maybe he didn't know the rules or felt he would be fine (maybe he was and passed) and didn't want to have refused a test.

As for the reason I'm not sure on this but I'd imagine with him not being licensed by them they couldn't suspend him if he failed (open to correction on that) but seeing as he was going to have to apply for a license with them fairly soon it could be used as a reason not to grant him one.

I need to find the article I just read the other day regarding I believe New Jersey's stance/plan on TRT. The attitude is that you would rather them control it via a TUE, due to the stringent requirements, levels of T you need to have, testing etc...so you know exactly where a person stands.

Rather, some guys just taking big amounts, gaining a lot of strength/size, yet able to keep cut down enough for their weight class, then stopping/cycling off Test/Steroids etc...where it is a free-for-all.

Found it...good read, particularly further down in the Q&A regarding Jersey and they thinking behind not banning, but controlling it.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/3/3...tic-use-exemptions-unpublished-ABC-guidelines

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts