• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 199 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Ultimately, the problem comes from the freedom for moderators to be able to express a view. Invariably I have found from my experience on forum websites, and CN is really no different, is that they are unable to completely devoid themselves of the views they hold to be able to make an impartial decision when issuing a punishment. Moderators can beat their chest all they like and say they can separate themselves from their own personal opinions but really they can't.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
darwin553 said:
Ultimately, the problem comes from the freedom for moderators to be able to express a view. Invariably I have found from my experience on forum websites, and CN is really no different, is that they are unable to completely devoid themselves of the views they hold to be able to make an impartial decision when issuing a punishment. Moderators can beat their chest all they like and say they can separate themselves from their own personal opinions but really they can't.

There are solutions to this which have been applied in other forums but the CN forum is perfect (according to them) and will not change anything. :rolleyes:

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
King Boonen said:
All taken on board. Maybe in this case my feeling was, as they are regular members who have stated they are fine with it, an edit of the posts and a reminder to keep language civil, even among friends, would be best? The posters seem to feel it was a conversation rather than a fight. Although if someone reported a post that's a different kettle of fish.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

And, of course if this has been done before and it is still persisting my point is invalid.

Now how does your suggested approach differ from the approach I actually took? I edited nothing, I deleted nothing. I left a warning message, as all the participants are known to me, and known as capable of adult, rational, behavior. And all are capable of self-editing. I asked that they self-edit the posts in question - and apologize as necessary.

Also, note that only ONE poster in the thread in question came back stating they felt comfortable. You can not conflate ONE into many - that is the territory of miracles.

In real life, I am told, some of the participants did apologize, but I don't think that has happened in the thread. Idk - haven't had time today to go there and check. And now I must get back to work. Sorry, out of time. Forgive me if I sound a little testy - I'd love to be able to be a artistically crafty in my writing as some of our forum members - but I've just never quite managed the levels of craftmanship with the written word I aspire to. I only manage to do a yoeman's job of it. But don't get me wrong and think I believe my product is weak. It isn't. But there are people who can sell ice to Eskimos, and I've never been one.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Eshnar said:
now I'm convinced.

....no. will you please point out some post, precisely, in which we said that?

Its been discussed Ad nauseam in this thread for years now, you've been here long enough so don't go acting like you joined the forum today.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Eshnar said:
since I joined the mods we stated enough times that we are aware there are problems so don't go quoting non existent things. thanks.

So name these magnificent changes so you you don't come off as less than stellar, since you joined at the very least.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So, the hogster gets a week [for trolling] for calling Race Radio on his trolling, gets named a troll by Race Radio and that's all just fine?

Well, well, well, how about that for some double standards?

Action = reaction

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
So, the hogster gets a week [for trolling] for calling Race Radio on his trolling, gets named a troll by Race Radio and that's all just fine?

Well, well, well, how about that for some double standards?

Action = reaction
Why don't you guys understand that when we ban someone the reason can be more than a single post?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Do you even have a point? :eek: You mean you're not just trolling for fun?

I provided an answer, you asked questions, I answered the questions, you kept at it as if you did not understand the, then went as far as to prove my point. So who's trolling?

ElChingon said:
I provided an answer, you asked questions, I answered the questions, you kept at it as if you did not understand the, then went as far as to prove my point. So who's trolling?
There was no answer in any of your late posts. The last one, in particular, was definitely a request.

So name these magnificent changes so you you don't come off as less than stellar, since you joined at the very least.

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Admin Parrulo, a pathetic jerk

He hands out bans for no reason, insults members and trying to ridicule them, it´s a wonder how this moron havent been removed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS