• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 270 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BigMac said:
There are/were people who posted under new/similar usernames after they were handed a perma-ban, and mods know it, so my guess is it is perfectly ok for Maserati to create a new account and start posting again. I doubt he is coming back though, unless the lobby responsible for the ban says they're sorry or whatever.

Link.....?

As regards banned posters posting again, Daotec has come back a few times, at times for quite a few months e.g. with the account snackattack which provided the forum with some of the most legendary back and forth it will ever know.

Everyone knew it was Daotec. (Except ryo of course lol who said it wasn't, then when he realized it was responded by revealing daotecs identity and insulting daotec's son)

Anyway, long story short we all knew it was daotec, the mods too, but the account was allowed to go on for quite some time.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Everyone knew it was Daotec. (Except ryo of course lol who said it wasn't, then when he realized it was responded by revealing daotecs identity and insulting daotec's son)

What how did I miss all that?!

Some crazy sh*t has happened on this forum in the last 5 years.... here's to the next 5 years, can't wait to find out what happens next :D

I'm sick of this rubbish that it was so much better before. I've seen the likes of polish, bpc, and one guy in 09 who lost the plot with a threat so bad...I won't repeat it but anyone who read it knows what I am talking about.
Was it this forum or another where a guy came on the forum defending lance but saying he couldn't type as he was crying so much as someone close to him has just died that night from cancer...yet he wanted to post first...point being that it I've seen other forums like bike radar and velorooms...no between whatsoever.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
EnacheV said:
i don't think Parrulo is worthy to be a mod

threats in public and school boy behavior it's the last thing you would expect from a mod

I dont think youre worthy to be a poster.

being wrong and trolling in every single post is the last thing I would expect from a poster.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Being right is only one point of view. Also means you may have blinkers and not accepting of other possibilities.

A creationists right is a scientists wrong. And vice versa.

So who's "right"? You'd be "wrong" to choose.

You're always wrong, so thanks for setting the standard by which all things can be measured.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Well I'm just so surprised. People acting like a parent died or something.

Dr M should apologise and let's have him back. And get on with the program.

Making suggestions about banned posters etc. and fair and unfair treatment etc. is pointless. Guessing identities etc.

How many times have I been banned? And each and every time I thought I was doing the right thing. But each time I never took it out on the mods. I accepted my bans and moved on.

Too many are hung up on other posters. Move on.

Bring the guy back in 2 weeks with a final warning and I'm sure he'll be good.

I didn't. I knew I was wrong when I did things to get banned, and that I deserved to be banned for them (well, there was one time...but, water under the bridge, right?). Anyway, that is why I am a better person than you. I know the truth of my actions, and am willing to take the consequences. Whining that I thought what I was doing was right is really childish fantasy land. We're adults here, and should act as such. I only wish there were more like me.

Good post Chewie.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
hrotha said:
That would be incredibly lame.

Dr. Lamborghini, maybe?

I think the hog should name herself "1973 Ford Pinto."

0311_sccp_01_z%2B1973_ford_pinto%2Bburnout.jpg

Good post Chewie.

Cyivel said:
I don't post over there anymore but I always felt velorooms was pretty good tbh (if you were saying it wasn't) a number of very good posters.
It's a lot more civil there, more everyday cycling talk but slower than things are here. Just Some Guy and Jono L are very good for updates and gossip.

Thanks to Joachim I don't really venture into the doping section but The Hitch and Benotti keep things in check there to some extent.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
EnacheV you are effectively trolling and i am warning you one last time to drop it or i will have to hand you a ban as i have already warned you recently.

You know very well pretty much everyone on this thread thinks OPQS is doping and those poster's suspicions are well expressed in this thread.

You are just willingly ignoring that in order to get a reaction from those posters, AKA trolling.

Are you serious?

One, the guy is having a bit of a joke, and there's nothing hes said that is particularly bad, maybe hes playing a bit dumb, or having a laugh but really.

Two. If there is general moderation to do like mass warnings of off topic posting going on, yes, public warnings. But seriously, pulling a single member up and threatening with a ban rather than doing it by PM. Try moderating the "post" rather than the "poster". Its pretty obvious you choose moderate based on personal opinions of the person.

Really?

FWIW I think it's a fair enough warning. EnacheV hasn't posted any single thing deserving of a ban but they also haven't contributed anything of worth for quite a while.

I think EnacheV and a very select few other posters are still trying to grasp the fact that it's widely accepted most WT riders dope to some extent and a) can't accept that Sky are like the rest of the pro peloton and b) nobody else is jumping up and down defending their favourite riders and teams.

It's not the end of the world but it can be disruptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.