• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 89 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BroDeal said:
You guys are ban crazy.

It's almost become part of the entertainment here, what will be deleted, who will be warned. And some of the sh@1 they post would be moderated if it wasn't the mod who posted it.

I have seen one mod who shall remain nameless edit the quoted post and respond to it as if that was the actual post. And I have seen mods flip out for posters doing precisely the same sort of thing.

I prefer they just delete my stuff rather than send me a private message warning me. I don't need no stinkin spankin.

Martin318is said:
they were considered to be inappropriate

He posted a scantily clad pic of his gf the day he got out of prison. What type of response was considered appropriate? :rolleyes: Like I said, it's hilarious. Not that I would want your job for the world, but you have to admit, some of the decisions are far from consistent. It's all part of the fun at this point.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
WTF? I'll blame the fact that I was half way through my breakfast, I know why pig pen was banned, I was wondering who was the poster who was banned who created a sock puppet. I fail to see why the big sin is in asking who it was? Honestly, what am I going to do, rant and rave over it?

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
WTF? I'll blame the fact that I was half way through my breakfast, I know why pig pen was banned, I was wondering who was the poster who was banned who created a sock puppet. I fail to see why the big sin is in asking who it was? Honestly, what am I going to do, rant and rave over it?
I don't think they reveal that any longer. They used to (posts 7,10,14,47,51,51,86 in the suspension thread) but this seems to be kept internally now.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
ACF for mod ?
Does this validate a comment?

ggusta said:
It's almost become part of the entertainment here, what will be deleted, who will be warned.
Little secret for you, when we're talking behind closed doors, almost always the general agreement is that we'd all love to institute much longer bans/suspensions of members who have misbehaved, but out of kindness...

RipleysBelieveItLogo.jpg

Alpe d'Huez said:

Little secret for you, when we're talking behind closed doors, almost always the general agreement is that we'd all love to institute much longer bans/suspensions of members who have misbehaved, but out of kindness...

I humbly beseech thee, Father d'Huez, it has been 3 weeks since my last confession, I have 3 sock puppets that I haven't been using lately. I've also coveted my neighbor's wife. Well....neighbors' wives... the blonde right next door is as sweet as she is pretty.... she'd make a priest give up altar boys.

Alpe d'Huez said:

I humbly beseech thee, Father d'Huez, it has been 3 weeks since my last confession. I am here to confess that I have been hateful and vicious to 935 of my fellow forum posters and have violated forum guidelines well...always. I've also coveted my neighbor's wife. Well....neighbors' wives... the blonde right next door is as sweet as she is pretty.... she'd make a priest give up altar boys.

What penance doth thou hath for me, your humble poster?

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
I don't think they reveal that any longer. They used to (posts 7,10,14,47,51,51,86 in the suspension thread) but this seems to be kept internally now.

Someone who is permanently banned is no longer welcome here. For some people returning her to reap havoc is only part of the fun. They enjoy the attention, the acknowldgement, their public record here, the myth.

Once we started to remove the posts of the worst offender(s), after they had been unsmasked, their return visits became less numerous. You want to get rid of trolls? Ignore, and mean ignore.

By removing the acknowledgement for each successful blitz, we make it less actractive for them to return.

Sorry if it doesn't address your natural curiousity Craig, but we want to make this forum as unattractive as to repeat trolling possible, and hence we won't help the trolls by creating noteworthy personalities out of folk we waste enough of our time andattention on already.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Martin, clean out your inbox so I can reply to your PM.

But, so we can all be on the same page "tongue in cheek" posts that are obviously jokes are no longer allowed? You guys sure will be busy. I will start reporting posts pronto to show I am a good citizen helping to clean up the riff raff.

Actually, I'm changing my mind. Considering most of your complaints are about that thread, I left the post in question, and made a post in the thread asking others to be culturally sensitive if possible.

If you cannot handle the humor beyond there, I suggest you avoid the thread, or Clinic all together, especially considering the subject matter in general (doping, cheating and speculation as such in the sport).

Alpe d'Huez said:
Actually, I'm changing my mind. Considering most of your complaints are about that thread, I left the post in question, and made a post in the thread asking others to be culturally sensitive if possible.

If you cannot handle the humor beyond there, I suggest you avoid the thread, or Clinic all together, especially considering the subject matter in general (doping, cheating and speculation as such in the sport).

It helps if recent Clinic threads have been read. Sniper has been asserting that the fix is in for the Contador case because a Saxo training camp in Israel is a bribe to the Israeli judge, a judge that Sniper was then shocked to learn---da! da! dum!--is chairman of the judging panel. So I have been needling him over it because I find the charge to be ridiculous.

we're not controlling, overbearing and bullying. HONEST!

Well, guess I am here to say goodbye. Looks like I have teased the mods 1 too many times and now they are looking for a reason to ban me.

Came home to find a rather odd question from Martin implying I am responsible for multiple accounts. So in all likelihood, my account and this post will be gone quite soon.

But they ARE NOT ban crazy. Let's make that perfectly clear. But sometimes.....

see ya guys, it was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.