• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Can the mods try and keep on top of the stickies.. Is it really needed to have three giro stages stickied at once?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Can we please have some stricter criteria on Moderators in this forum as I have been given 2 infractions because I swore at a poster!

Others swear and so have I in the past and have never gotten a punishment.

Whoever is in charge needs to put the moderators on a leash to control them!

Then you have others making far more personal insults about others and I have been reporting them and nothing at all happens.

Absolute in consistency!

Something needs to be done!

ACF94!

Hmmmm, I don't see the problem getting any better.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Hmmmm, I don't see the problem getting any better.

I don't see you changing your posting behaviour either.

I am telling you off for baiting/trolling and off topic posting. Those are facts and even reported by other forum users.

Eternally bringing up the '1 violation 2 infractions' won't help you either, because you actually insulted a forum member twice, in two posts, for which I gave you two infractions. That you re-edited your post to delete the second insulting comment, after I handed you the infractions, does not make the violation go away.

Up till now you have received what, 2 whole infractions? Does that upset you?

Perhaps you should address the underlying factors, namely sticking to some of the forum rules.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
I don't see you changing your posting behaviour either.

I am telling you off for baiting/trolling and off topic posting. Those are facts and even reported by other forum users.

Eternally bringing up the '1 violation 2 infractions' won't help you either, because you actually insulted a forum member twice, in two posts, for which I gave you two infractions. That you re-edited your post to delete the second insulting comment, after I handed you the infractions, does not make the violation go away.

Up till now you have received what, 2 whole infractions? Does that upset you?

Perhaps you should address the underlying factors, namely sticking to some of the forum rules.

I insulted twice yes of the one user which would call for one infraction not two. Susan actually took the violation away because she saw it unfair. I can PM want she said to me about you. I stick to the rules but you are the ones who are failing. THE MODERATORS! Trolls are everywhere and it is bad enough as it is at the moment. imagine what it will be like in July. There is inconsistency and favouring to particular posters. Posters have left because of the way certain posters bully others. Off topic posting happens in every single thread!

I would personally like to see a poster like Libertine Seguros or Angliru be modeartors. I don't nessercarily agree with them most of the time but they are fair posters who have a good sense of what should happen on the forum. I have had people message me of how people bully and antagonise others on the forum and have left because of it. Enforcing hte rules properly is your responsibility along with Susan and Alpe and tbh you guys are failling.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Haha, acf's 'covert' 'call to arms' signature is hilarious:

.The Call for new and better moderators. PM Auscyclefan94 to show support for this campaign so we can get some consistent, regular posters of high calibre on the forum who will sort out the trolling problems on these very forum boards and the crazyness which will come forth in July.

For someone who actually has admitted to and taken pride of his/her/its baiting I find the misguided hypocrisy wonderful. Nice of ACF to be so Janus-faced.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I insulted twice yes of the one user which would call for one infraction not two. Susan actually took the violation away because she saw it unfair. I can PM want she said to me about you. I stick to the rules but you are the ones who are failing. THE MODERATORS!

By sending individual PMs to every single moderator complaining about the 'harm' (receiving 2 infractions for 2 insults) done to you, and then misrepresenting the facts to make your case and demonstrate the unfairness of the action.

Trolls are everywhere and it is bad enough as it is at the moment. imagine what it will be like in July. There is inconsistency and favouring to particular posters. Posters have left because of the way certain posters bully others. Off topic posting happens in every single thread!

We are aware of the problem, and that's why we just added another forum moderator to our team. We want to address off topic posting more seriously, so we will be issuing more warnings, and if necessary infractions and even temporary vacations when people continue to do so.

Given the amount of posts, it is impossible to find each and every off topic post, so we encourage you to report it whenever it happens. When it happens under my nose, I certainly can't ignore it.

Enforcing hte rules properly is your responsibility along with Susan and Alpe and tbh you guys are failling.

So don't feel personally offended when someone points out you are trolling, a violation you yourself have found detrimental to the atmosphere on the forum.

You baiting and trolling is different from other posters' baiting in what respects exactly? Or perhaps we should just let it slip and favour you over other people baiting. Is that what you are saying?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
By sending individual PMs to every single moderator complaining about the 'harm' (receiving 2 infractions for 2 insults) done to you, and then misrepresenting the facts to make your case and demonstrate the unfairness of the action.

We are aware of the problem, and that's why we just added another forum moderator to our team. We want to address off topic posting more seriously, so we will be issuing more warnings, and if necessary infractions and even temporary vacations when people continue to do so.

Given the amount of posts, it is impossible to find each and every off topic post, so we encourage you to report it whenever it happens. When it happens under my nose, I certainly can't ignore it.

So don't feel personally offended when someone points out you are trolling, a violation you yourself have found detrimental to the atmosphere on the forum.

You baiting and trolling is different from other posters' baiting in what respects exactly? Or perhaps we should just let it slip and favour you over other people baiting. Is that what you are saying?

Dont' see how I was trolling. I use to report often but nothing happened. I have it thrown in my face often enough when it was uncalled for when I decided that enough it enough that I am going to post on other posters grounds. Nothing was every done when I had posters making comments to me.

Wow another moderator will make major differences. How often is the poster on here. He posts 0.63 posts per day.

May I just remind you that it was Susan who was the one who reversed the descision who saw the punishment unfair. I also got singled out when people swear and insult others all the time. That is where your inconsistency comes in.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Dont' see how I was trolling. I use to report often but nothing happened. I have it thrown in my face often enough when it was uncalled for when I decided that enough it enough that I am going to post on other posters grounds. Nothing was every done when I had posters making comments to me.

People call you out for trolling and baiting using the reporting system. When I am not online or not aware of it, I can't (instantly) address it. When I am, I will deal with it.

And secondly, you admitted in your post that you were actually baiting. You furthermore admitted that you entered the WC 2010 thread, not because you enjoy football, which according to you is boring. That is certainly a valid opinion, but there is no need to bring it up every time you post, and certainly not if it is intended to lure people into a discussion for the sake of annoying them.

Wow another moderator will make major differences. How often is the poster on here. He posts 0.63 posts per day.

You just called for more moderators, now we have another one and you still complain.

May I just remind you that it was Susan who was the one who reversed the descision who saw the punishment unfair. I also got singled out when people swear and insult others all the time. That is where your inconsistency comes in.

Again, you send PMs to every single moderator telling a story that is not entirely accurate, to prove your point. Secondly, when someone insults someone when I am online and it happens under my nose, as was the case, I will intervene.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
People call you out for trolling and baiting using the reporting system. When I am not online or not aware of it, I can't (instantly) address it. When I am, I will deal with it.

And secondly, you admitted in your post that you were actually baiting. You furthermore admitted that you entered the WC 2010 thread, not because you enjoy football, which according to you is boring. That is certainly a valid opinion, but there is no need to bring it up every time you post, and certainly not if it is intended to lure people into a discussion for the sake of annoying them.

You just called for more moderators, now we have another one and you still complain.

Again, you send PMs to every single moderator telling a story that is not entirely accurate, to prove your point. Secondly, when someone insults someone when I am online and it happens under my nose, as was the case, I will intervene.

But he is never on so you will need multiple more moderators. So you are saying that I make up the stories about other posters?

I didn't bring it up every time. And I was annoying people because others get away with it all the time and do much worse. I feel this issue of trolling on this forum has gone far enough. I am sick of it and am annoyed how you have singled me out twice now. You still have not said anything about what susan did?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
But he is never on so you will need multiple more moderators. So you are saying that I make up the stories about other posters?

He is on when it matters.

and no, I never said you make up stories about other users. I said that you make up stories to cover yourself and deflect any sort of criticism.

I didn't bring it up every time. And I was annoying people because others get away with it all the time and do much worse. I feel this issue of trolling on this forum has gone far enough. I am sick of it and am annoyed how you have singled me out twice now. You still have not said anything about what susan did?

So you respond to trolling/baiting by trolling/baiting. Nice.

I 'single out' people every day I am moderating, so please do not feel special.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

ACF...for shit's sake dude come on! I thought you were thicker skinned than this...5000+ posts, most of which is you defending your hero, who is polemic to say the least. Which means he's going to draw some criticism...and yet you fight it out....every time...

And now this sniveling? I don't get it.

This is a clear case of perspiring the microscopic feces...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
flyor64 said:
ACF...for shit's sake dude come on! I thought you were thicker skinned than this...5000+ posts, most of which is you defending your hero, who is polemic to say the least. Which means he's going to draw some criticism...and yet you fight it out....every time...

No I have had enough of the inconsistencies.

Bala was saying that I made up a story to get our of an infraction. Which is rubbish in itself.

I just started to do what a lot of others do as I was sick of it done to me.

I am off to get some sleep!

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
flyor64 said:

On another note: CN has a vested financial interest in maintaining the LA image and yet they let us seriously discuss the touch news of the day. Isn't that more important than minor league editting over swearing? Sh*t, yes!

trompe le monde said:
Haha, acf's 'covert' 'call to arms' signature is hilarious:

.The Call for new and better moderators. PM Auscyclefan94 to show support for this campaign so we can get some consistent, regular posters of high calibre on the forum who will sort out the trolling problems on these very forum boards and the crazyness which will come forth in July.

For someone who actually has admitted to and taken pride of his/her/its baiting I find the misguided hypocrisy wonderful. Nice of ACF to be so Janus-faced.

Hey, leave me out of this one.:D

A

Anonymous

firstly.. acf and bala verde you should be having that conversation in private.. the whole forum does not need to know, and should not know what moderators think or discuss behind closed doors. You should both know better. Get a room, and stop arguing in front of the children.

Secondly, many forums employ a system by which warnings appear on a users profile. That would not be a bad idea here. Then forum visitors could see that users are being warned for trolling etc. Because everything is done quietly most users thing that the moderators arent actually doing anything.

for the record, the mods are inconsistent, what you can get away with with one, you cannot get away wth with another, but short of employing two full time mods who follow strict guidelines which isnt going to happen, then its always going to be like that.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
aus, you owe bala verde and the rest of the members you tried to hijack the thread from (stage 6, DL) an apology. i could care less what your infraction history is, but you were really wrong with your constant references to doping and evans.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
python said:
aus, you owe bala verde and the rest of the members you tried to hijack the thread from (stage 6, DL) an apology. i could care less what your infraction history is, but you were really wrong with your constant references to doping and evans.

fyi, other posters do that in EVERY SINGLE THREAD!

I refuse to apologise.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

I refuse to apologise.

for your information. if you explain your own trolling flaming and interrupting of the forum's flow of thought by other trolls you try to match, i have little time for your whining. you should be suspended or banned like any other troll.

auscyclefan94 said:

I refuse to apologise.

Waaaahhaa mommy he did it first. FFS man grow up, you are embarassing yourself (if that is even possible).
Unless you are somewhere between the ages of 12 to 17 you really need to grow up a little and learn that sometimes you just need to STFU and come back stronger later on. Try it!:cool:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
python said:
for your information. if you explain your own trolling flaming and interrupting of the forum's flow of thought by other trolls you try to match, i have little time for your whining. you should be suspended or banned like any other troll.

no, for your information, other trolls are not banned therefore you would be banned.

Hugh, the only reason I have brought this up was because of the inconsistency of Bala, due to him targeting me out. Maybe he is suffering depresstion from his Doper boy getting busted.

When I have posted, I will 98% of the time will post on topic. Others go off track all the time.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
firstly.. acf and bala verde you should be having that conversation in private.. the whole forum does not need to know, and should not know what moderators think or discuss behind closed doors. You should both know better. Get a room, and stop arguing in front of the children.

Secondly, many forums employ a system by which warnings appear on a users profile. That would not be a bad idea here. Then forum visitors could see that users are being warned for trolling etc. Because everything is done quietly most users thing that the moderators arent actually doing anything.

for the record, the mods are inconsistent, what you can get away with with one, you cannot get away wth with another, but short of employing two full time mods who follow strict guidelines which isnt going to happen, then its always going to be like that.

I disagree, I don't see how it's anybodies business. One forum I do frequent a lot did this and they ended up scrapping it.

auscyclefan94 said:
no, for your information, other trolls are not banned therefore you would be banned.

Hugh, the only reason I have brought this up was because of the inconsistency of Bala, due to him targeting me out. Maybe he is suffering depresstion from his Doper boy getting busted.

When I have posted, I will 98% of the time will post on topic. Others go off track all the time.

You bring up doping in almost every race thread and you got less than you deserved so far. If I were you I would shut up and be happy about so few infractions considering the damage you do to those threads again and again.

As for what I quoted and your signature, *** edited by mod ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS