• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

MODS PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I tried several times to get my password, and it never showed up, so I created a new account under "Thoughtforfood" today, because I thought there was something wrong with the system that sends passwords. Evidently, the system is just slow, so I got the password for ChewbaccaDefense a few hours after i requested it. I did not intend to set-up a sockpuppet account, so you can delete it, OR, delete this one, as I like the "Thoughtforfood" handle better than this one...but, whatever works, is fine with me.

Hi Chewbaccadefense,

Don’t worry, we are aware and there is no intention to ban you. You’ll need to keep this account however. I know you wrote a long post under the new account that is waiting for approval. I will copy and paste it here for you.

Cheers,

KB.

Your post:

Scott SoCal said:
Netserk said:
With BD here, we just miss TFF.

If this doesn't get Chewy out of retirement nothing will. Same with Race Radio.

So, yeah.

My 2 cents:

1. Lance Armstrong is a narcissistic d**chebag, who wouldn't have anything but contempt for his detractors and sycophants who post here. He thinks were all beneath him. He doped and lied. He treated everyone who questioned that like s**t.

2. Lance Armstrong didn't create doping in cycling, and he certainly didn't end it. The practice has been ALMOST perfected on the island that is the seat of the Empire...

3. My read on Lance is that he is the type of person I will never trust. he believes his own inner dialogue. The fruit of which is on display. That being said, as Longfellow wrote, “If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man’s life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility." I believe this to be true.

4. My read on Floyd is that he is the type of person I trust, because I know that some shady s**t might happen, but he isn't trying to hide that. Floyd lit a fuse the day he published his letter to the UCI...I will always love him because of what he did that day.

5. Betsy and I have gotten to know each other over the last few years, at least as much as electronic correspondence allows. She's an online friend. She and I disagree about a lot of things. I respect her, even when I don't agree with her. She is the type of person who can be trusted on a personal level. This was a big deal to her, and if you were in her shoes, I'd think you might have thought so too. She may seem a zealot, but some people are more passionate about things than others, and Betsy is a passionate person about the things she believes...burn her at the stake for that I guess...

6. When this thread closes, don't forget to turn out the lights, and lock the door. I don't think anyone will much want to visit this museum of horses**t much anymore, and we need to all be conscious of saving energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.