• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Monfort

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Did anybody notice if somebody on Leopard helped Monfort on some of those brutal climbs? I watched every stage but the cameras never really showed much and the announcers were 2 clueless guys from a station called Universal. I know Fuglsang rode with him at times but that's about it.

Andre:D

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Andre.J said:
Did anybody notice if somebody on Leopard helped Monfort on some of those brutal climbs? I watched every stage but the cameras never really showed much and the announcers were 2 clueless guys from a station called Universal. I know Fuglsang rode with him at times but that's about it.

Andre:D

Zaugg and Rohregger were the last domestique to drop but I don't know

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Zaugg was the most important domestique. He finished in the same group with Monfort and Fuglsang once, then he mostly stayed with Fuglsang because he had much more difficulties towards the end. It's a pity he had to quit, he really did a great job. Rohregger was pretty good too!

When LEOPARD TREK signed Monfort I said it'll be interesting to see how far he can go when he is let loose ... I'm glad they finally let him loose and he got such a great result!

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
According to latest unofficial news Monfort and Zaugg are confirmed for 2012.

They want to announce the full roster on Thursday. Only 3 days to go.

roadbiker said:
According to latest unofficial news Monfort and Zaugg are confirmed for 2012.

They want to announce the full roster on Thursday. Only 3 days to go.
That's a joke, really. On most teams Monfort would at least be their 3rd best GT rider or so, thus would get his own chances once in a while. At radiopard he will be like their 7th best gt rider, absurd...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Monfort:

"I am still under contract with this structure, but we have to see how the merger will develop. I also want the same sportive guarantees as this year. I have no problem at all to work for my leaders, but I also want to play my own card at certain races.

I was contacted by several big teams that are looking for riders with my profile. At the moment, I can't tell them much. I don't want to close any doors. I don't even know if I'm free next year."

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-vuelta-maxime-monfort-au-dela-de-mes-esperances-19208.html

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I hope he'll leave for another team. He is one of the riders I like and it would be hard to see him in the team with a first name "RadioShack" :(

Good first post.

I think they're getting a bit sloppy. I mean they haven't even found an alternative name for Radiopard.

That's a joke, really. On most teams Monfort would at least be their 3rd best GT rider or so, thus would get his own chances once in a while. At radiopard he will be like their 7th best gt rider, absurd...

That is, after all, a joke. Monfort would be at least their third best GT rider on most teams, and so would receive his own opportunities every now and again. He'll be Radiopard's 7th best gt rider, which is insane... penalty kick online

That is, after all, a joke. Monfort would be at least their third best GT rider on most teams, and so would receive his own opportunities every now and again. He'll be Radiopard's 7th best gt rider, which is insane... penalty kick online
This is the weirdest first post I've ever read. Why resurrect such an old topic? Why pretend it's present tense? Why is there a hidden link in the post? Why make a carbon copy of one of your posts from another profile if you want to create a double profile?

This is the weirdest first post I've ever read. Why resurrect such an old topic? Why pretend it's present tense? Why is there a hidden link in the post? Why make a carbon copy of one of your posts from another profile if you want to create a double profile?

I haven't noticed hidden links before, but the rewording of old posts/threads and links to suspicious websites are definitely not new concepts on here.

TRENDING THREADS