• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most absurd transfer rumours

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
janraaskalt said:
Yes, that one is true.

With regard to the Schleck/Alpecin case: I dislike people saying "I already said it before", but in this case, I (you´ll find the posts) said that before, and I was sure, because being German, I know Alpecin well... It was a pure PR issue, using July and the Tour and all the common hype in cycling´s most important weeks of the year to make people speak about Alpecin. That´s not nice, but it was to Alpecin´s benefit.

Yeah, and to add to the "absurd rumour" list: Stefan Schumacher, who was said to join QuickStep after his Gerolsteiner days. I think this would even have been possible, but then he became banned.

Another contemporary absurd rumour, IMHO: Andre Schulze to Euskaltel. I can never, never ever imagine that to become reality.

TRENDING THREADS