• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

most beautiful bike setup. whats yours? doesnt have to be $$ based either

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
hey guys,

just felt like starting a nice fresh discussion that moves away from doping, LA, Giro and stuff that im getting sick of!

whats your favourite/dream setup?

pick any bike any year

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l242/mjdwyer23/Bike Stuff/?action=view&current=IMG_3913.jpg
mine is a 2007 specialized tarmac sl, with 404's.

id prefer white tape though, not blue

tasty!!

unfortunately $$ stops me from owning one, i have a roubaix with pro-lite gavia's instead which is basically a watered down version of it.

what you guys think?

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Casati has always been one of my favorite boutique bikes. Almost bought one in '07, but figured I had to eat too.:rolleyes:
marte_rosso.jpg

Admins...Here's another post that belongs in the "Gear" section.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
My favorite was a Giant mtb frame I found in the trash. It had slotted drop outs so I built it up as a single speed. 90 rpm was 15mph. It was just plain fun to ride. I ended up giving it to a guy I knew on skid row who needed it to get to work so I gave it to him. So if you happen see a 19-21" mtb frame or 58-62cm road frame w/slotted drop outs in the dumpster let me know. I got stuff to build up either.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
I have three that I am pretty partial to, they are hung with care in my garage.

1935 Bianchi with Vittoria Margherita
1961 Cinelli Pista with Campy Pista Inch Pitch
1993 DeRosa Molteni Team Replica with Campy 50th gruppo.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Am i getting old?
the traditional bikes which i used to drool over have lost their luster now they are made in China not in an Italian craftsman's shed
Derosa, Pinnerrallo all died, their bikes are all paintwork- without soul.

Bling is now led by technology. the best carbon had taken from the finest cut lugs. Look, Scott and Specializied lead the way

595 /super record/303.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
There are too many to name but here's a selection:

Here's two that are more then likely little known, even here on the forum:
- Custom Guru Geneo (Canadian bike company http://www.gurubikes.com. really worth taking a look!)
- Devinci Leo SL (Canadian bike company, their Leo SL is really nice and you can actually customize your own via http://www.leobikes.com)

More known bikes
- Tarmac Pro SL with Saxo Bank colors (plan on getting it next year)
- Cervelo R3 SL
- Felt F1 SL with Garmin Colors

The list could go on and on and on!!!!

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
bikepure said:
the traditional bikes which i used to drool over have lost their luster now they are made in China not in an Italian craftsman's shed
Derosa, Pinnerrallo all died, their bikes are all paintwork- without soul.
Mondonico is still handemade in Italy by 3rd generation family. 600 frames a year.

krebs303 said:
Mondonico is still handemade in Italy by 3rd generation family. 600 frames a year.

Also, see Pegoretti, Vanilla, Independent Fabrications, etc.

But for contemporary carbon, you can't beat Time. They're one of, if not the only, companies that make their carbon frames from scratch, at the factory, in France. Imagine the best qualities of all materials combined in one. The ride of the VXRS is actually similar to the Look 595, except it's got a touch more steel-like spring and an immeasureable increase in comfort.

...IMHO...;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts