• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most disappointing team so far...

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
ElVaca said:
Oh yeah, and definitely Menchov is the biggest disappointment of the GC challengers.

i'll agree with you, but i'll submit that this is due to BOTH his underperformance as well as unreasonably high expectations. a giro-tour double? menchov is plenty good, but he's no pantani.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
A la fin de la course I'd have to say Quickstep, based on the combination of reasonably high expectations for stage wins and them being bloody invisible throughout.

pedaling squares said:
A la fin de la course I'd have to say Quickstep, based on the combination of reasonably high expectations for stage wins and them being bloody invisible throughout.

Yes. Also consider how much trouble they went through to get their great white hope into the race.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
It's really between Silence and Quickstep now. But even though expectations were a lot higher for Silence, Quickstep win on achieving the biggest amount of absolutely nothing.

Without some sort of dramatic upheaval on the Champs-Elysees (Chavanel solo to victory from 3km out?), the most disappointing team prize looks firmly in the hands of Quickstep.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
ElVaca said:
Oh yeah, and definitely Menchov is the biggest disappointment of the GC challengers.

yes but no, had a poor tour, i think after he lost a lot of time in one of the stages he just threw in the towell, same as evans. But at least menchov has a Giro to his name this year.

TRENDING THREADS