• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most impressive riders this season so far

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
c&cfan said:
but they weren't riding in a professional way like they are now (specialized). that's why i think that cav, valv, conta, cancellara, bonnen, bettini are all better cyclists than merckx for example.

and i can't believe in the merckx the best ever. maybe the dirtiest ever.

all sports go through different eras. i also don't agree with the merckx best ever story and stuff like that. but he was the best of his era just like coppi was the best of his era and hinault of his era.

ofc ever since specialization hit the sport it has become a lot hard to choose the best but we can always say best classics rider or best GT rider best sprinter best overall. and if some1 wants to choose 1 guy as the best its just his opinion we have our right to disagree and have our own.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
all sports go through different eras. i also don't agree with the merckx best ever story and stuff like that. but he was the best of his era just like coppi was the best of his era and hinault of his era.

ofc ever since specialization hit the sport it has become a lot hard to choose the best but we can always say best classics rider or best GT rider best sprinter best overall. and if some1 wants to choose 1 guy as the best its just his opinion we have our right to disagree and have our own.

please try to argue with someone around here saying that contador can be the best ever. then you will see.

have you read MR roubaix interview? saying that he was better than both canc and tom because unlike them he could climb etc? that's sad. they can't even see that the sport has changed a lot and their time is over.

they are done, just like ducth mafia.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
c&cfan said:
please try to argue with someone around here saying that contador can be the best ever. then you will see.

have you read MR roubaix interview? saying that he was better than both canc and tom because unlike them he could climb etc? that's sad. they can't even see that the sport has changed a lot and their time is over.

they are done, just like ducth mafia.

it was intentional.

this is just to show that i don't respect them.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Becide the ones allready mentioned, I think G have been super strong this year.

L.P. Nordhaug has also developed into a much stronger(mainly in the mountains and hills) and concistent rider