• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most impressive tour debut 2015

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Who in your opinion had the most impressive tour de france debut? I think the Yates twins (3 top tens for Adam, 2 for Simon plus great showing on stage 20) and Bon Jungels had very impressive debuts. Meintjes was doing great until he had to withdraw due to illness. There are probably loads of other great debuts that I have missed as I am very sleepy at the moment :D

Your thoughts?

fungusbear said:
Who in your opinion had the most impressive tour de france debut? I think the Yates twins (3 top tens for Adam, 2 for Simon plus great showing on stage 20) and Bon Jungels had very impressive debuts. Meintjes was doing great until he had to withdraw due to illness. There are probably loads of other great debuts that I have missed as I am very sleepy at the moment :D

Your thoughts?

Simon raced the Tour last year.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Dazed and Confused said:
Christian said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Jungels by far, but hes wasting his time chasing GT glory.

What else do you think he should be going after?

Cobbles races. Like Terpstra.
Window of opportunity coming up.

I think people put a little too much importance on his U23 win in Paris Roubaix. He had good results in cobbles, ITT and GC as a U23. No disrespect to Terpstra but Jungels seems considerably more versatile to me

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

roundabout said:
ILovecycling said:
Styby,Teklehaimanot and Emden as DT said.
edit: My god I forgot Anacona :eek:

oh yes, how impressive it was for a multiple GT veteran, GT stage winner and a top-20 overall finisher to feature on 2 stages at age 27.
read the thread name instead of moaning :rolleyes:

Christian said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Christian said:
Dazed and Confused said:

I think people put a little too much importance on his U23 win in Paris Roubaix. He had good results in cobbles, ITT and GC as a U23. No disrespect to Terpstra but Jungels seems considerably more versatile to me

Forget the U23 stuff. Its similar level as the tour cobbles. Means nothing.

Terpstra is currently a much better rider than Jungels, primarily because of the Dutchman's focus.

ILovecycling said:
roundabout said:
ILovecycling said:
Styby,Teklehaimanot and Emden as DT said.
edit: My god I forgot Anacona :eek:

oh yes, how impressive it was for a multiple GT veteran, GT stage winner and a top-20 overall finisher to feature on 2 stages at age 27.
read the thread name instead of moaning :rolleyes:

I know what this thread is about. Which makes your post baffling, unless of course you thought that the title was the Most impressive tour debut by a Colombian rider.

And even then Pantano was more impressive even if more anonymous.

Christian said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Christian said:
Dazed and Confused said:

What are you talking about? Terpstra is also the best Dutch sprinter!

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually expected Barguil to do a Tour like this. So not really impressive imo.

Jungels really good. And Winner Anacona was great in the Alps!

TRENDING THREADS